How do you open the bonnet with the cable snapped

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Whitwhicky 6r gti
New
Drives: 6R GTI

How do you open the bonnet with the cable snapped

Post by Whitwhicky 6r gti »

I have a 6r gti and I’m pretty sure the cable has snapped as I’m pulling the lever and there’s no tension at all! How do I release it? I took the badge off and couldn’t see anything that could help or am I just stupid?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: How do you open the bonnet with the cable snapped

Post by iichel »

Perhaps taking off the front bumper will help out but I don't think there is an easy way.
You could have a look to see if the lever itself isn't broken. If it is, you're a lot closer to solving it...
Whitwhicky 6r gti
New
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by Whitwhicky 6r gti »

The lever I don’t think is broken as I have taken it off it’s just vert stiff to pull and won’t pop! To take the front bumper off it’s just some screws in the arch and then clips?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Whitwhicky 6r gti wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:13 pm The lever I don’t think is broken as I have taken it off it’s just vert stiff to pull and won’t pop! To take the front bumper off it’s just some screws in the arch and then clips?
If the wire/cable is still connected and very stiff, why not get someone to apply some downwards pressure to the bonnet while you pull the cable/wire - just make sure that they don't dent the bonnet.