No air con

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Zeno
New
Drives: 2004 Polo Twist 1.2 12v manual 73k

No air con

Post by Zeno »

Polo 9n 2005 1.2. Compressor runs, HP pipe to the Condenser gets hot, engine revs do increase, but no Rad fans run. I know the Rad fans work as when the engine coolant gets hot they both cut in.
Am I right in thinking the cause could be low refrigerant gas, ie low refrigerant pressure fails to operate the refrigerant pressure sensor hence no fans ?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: No air con

Post by RUM4MO »

I've not worked out if the fan gets controlled by gas pressure and so try to maintain a fixed head pressure via the fan control module, or that AC on also switches the fan on via the fan control module, so maybe factor in a wiring fault or a pressure sensor working but not giving out the correct range of pressure readings.

Getting someone that has VCDS or Carista or OBDeleven to look and see what is happening would help things I think, but if you have manual AC I'm not sure how much data is available for viewing as I've always had auto AC - maybe lots of words and not much help, sorry!

Edit:- if the gas load was too low, the compressor would not be allowed to work hard enough to make the Hi side hot, or if it did, the Hi side pressure would rise too high and so stop the AC working and I think put out the AC indicator LED if there is one.