What is the situation with VW main dealers?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Re: What is the situation with VW main dealers?

Post by mjsaville »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:45 pm
mjsaville wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 pm I suspect our GTI+ has just come off the Glovis Condor in Zeebrugee ??

Now what, is it likely to be transported to the UK or will it be locked up at the port?

MJ
I suppose it depends on the local situation at Zebrugge and whether or not the port is operational. I dare say it will be but there’s a chance that port activity will be limited to handling ‘essential goods’ such as food and medical supplies, or essential goods take priority over non essential goods.

If your car is transported to the UK, there’s then the issue of whether the drivers who drive the car transporters from the port of UK entry to the dealerships are working or not, and also whether or not your dealer is open for business to PDI the car and hand it over to you.

Lots of uncertainties in these uncertain times.............
Thanks for that SRGTD...

MJ
mjsaville
Getting There!

Post by mjsaville »

Still no news on the delivery of the car, spoke to the dealer on the 12th of May - no feedback on whether its stuck in Europe or not - v. frustrating !!

Has anyone received theirs recently?

cheers

Moray
Last edited by mjsaville on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

mjsaville wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:14 pm Still no news on the delivery of the car, spoke to the dealer on the 12th of May - no feedback on whether its stuck in Europe or not - v. frustrating !!

Has anyone had anyone received theirs recently?

cheers

Moray
Nope, but mine is on a boat, still making its way up off the coast of Africa. What texts have you had from vw?
mjsaville
Getting There!

Post by mjsaville »

None, the tracker is screwed its still showing as being built.
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

mjsaville wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:07 pm None, the tracker is screwed its still showing as being built.
What was your build week? It might be that it's still in the factory as mine was delayed 2 months due to the factory shutdown
ryanponti
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by ryanponti »

I rang my dealer Friday last week and was told its not even been put on a ship yet, it will be a minimum of 6 weeks. Then on Saturday I get a text saying my car is near the UK. Sunday get a text saying my car is in the UK. Rang my dealer again spoke to a new guy who has taken over my order as the original sales person is still on furlough and he confirmed it is in the UK he is hopefully going to give me a ring either today or Monday as that's when the system is updated with delivery dates. He confirmed I will definitely have the car by the end of the month.

Edit to add my build week was BW11
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

Went to dealers last week for service - all roped off Covid 19 etc, put key on a sanitised J cloth keep your distance. Sales person told me it's all now online, no more sitting at a desk for 2 hours signing endless papers and haggling over details. They send everything to you by email to check and return. Suppose any p/ex is done by appointment and inspection. Might see the end of dealers long term if it's just online business why bother - any online broker can offer similar services.
PMCK95
New
Drives: Polo GTI plus

Post by PMCK95 »

I signed off on a new gti plus around the 22nd of May. It was a pre built one with a few extras as I was told it would be a 5/6 month wait for a new one built to my spec (To be fair I would only change the colour on the one I have ordered but i have grown to like the white). All paperwork was emailed across, signed and sent back. He seemed to be working from home as he was taking photos on his iPad to send on to volkswagen? It is currently in the UK and I have been told it will be ready to collect in NI next week all being well. I'm assuming the fast delivery was because the car was already on its way to the UK?
mjsaville
Getting There!

Post by mjsaville »

PhilArnold wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:34 am
mjsaville wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:07 pm None, the tracker is screwed its still showing as being built.
What was your build week? It might be that it's still in the factory as mine was delayed 2 months due to the factory shutdown
Spookily, I received an email this morning telling me the car is on the next stage of its journey to the UK. The MY VW website showing stage 5, I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so...

The car was scheduled for build week 8 :roll:

MJ
mjsaville
Getting There!

Post by mjsaville »

PhilArnold wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:34 am
I was told it was on the Glovis Condor, and tracked it as far as Zeebrugge - then the trail went cold with no updates until this morning (you couldn't make it up). :shock: