POLO 6C GTI, red centre console light by cigarette lighter suddenly not working?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
kyle_frobisher18
New
Drives: GTI 6C

POLO 6C GTI, red centre console light by cigarette lighter suddenly not working?

Post by kyle_frobisher18 »

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me in regards to the centre console light suddenly not working anymore and I’m not sure why. It’s the one by the cigarette lighter in the area behind that? Thanks.
kyle_frobisher18
New

Re: POLO 6C GTI, red centre console light by cigarette lighter suddenly not working?

Also does the car have any footwell lights or do they have to be added manually?
kyle_frobisher18
New

Re: POLO 6C GTI, red centre console light by cigarette lighter suddenly not working?

Also does the car have any footwell lights or do they have to be added manually?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Have a look at this discussion thread on the illumination for the 12v socket / front centre console storage area;

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=76287

As far as I’m aware, the 6c GTI doesn’t have footwell lights (my 2016 6c GTI didn’t).
PandaGTTSI
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 TSI MY2018

Post by PandaGTTSI »

My 6R IND came without a light sleeve for the 12V Lighter in the console. Will adding a light sleeve (1J0919341H) work? Also will the light behind it (Centre console light) light up?
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Post by mirceaculita »

kyle_frobisher18 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:03 pm Also does the car have any footwell lights or do they have to be added manually?
My car also didn't come with footwell lights so I got an rgb kit off the internet and hooked it up to the light switch. Now I can have any color and brightness I want and they only turn on with the headlights. I ran the wires under the plastics and you can't see the them or the led strips.