The Big Freeze!!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
tdisport
Getting There!

The Big Freeze!!

Post by tdisport »

Hi,

Car got completely frozen last nite. Thought I'd be OK as I have heated washer jets. I thought they were like an alternative to the ford heated front screen. You just spray hot water on screen instead.

Well put washes on and nothing came out! They must have been frozen! SO much for heated jets!

Am i being thick? Is there something im missing or are they just rubbish??
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

the pipes leading to them and the bottle arnt heated thou so they freeze
N.B. another Ghetto way of doing heated jets is to wrap some copper tube round the exaust manifold (or near it) then splice this into the system WARNING water out of these jeys WILL be HOT
also to unfreeze them just drive around and the engine heat will thaw it all out exept the back window. :)
tdisport
Getting There!

Car Covers

Post by tdisport »

On the same theme, do any of you use car covers?

My cars have always been garaged up unitl recently, so am a bit worried about leaving them out in the freezing weather.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

With regards to the heated washers I have them on my car but you obviously have to give the car time to warm up, by that time you've cleared the screen anyway. The benefit is that hot water's more effective at removing grime.

As for covers don't use them, looks a bit old man. Don't use my garage either full of junk.

Des