Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by lancslad1985 »

AndyGTi wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:53 am [quote=lancslad1985 post_id=592477 time=<a href="tel:1660798414">1660798414</a> user_id=15903]
Well the RCC Europe arrived early hours of the morning in emden with the main highway arriving from Grimsby 40 minutes later. Probably too soon for them to unload straight onto the other ship but who knows.

Considering I don’t want mine until 5/6th September, knowing my luck mine will get loaded onto the main highway and through port in a day!
In my experience above the delivery reached Emden on Thursday 4th and by Friday the 12th Dealer was aware it had reached UK port. So good chance it shoul reach UK by next Friday. I think the dealers are use to people pushing collection into Sept so 5/6 should be fine
[/quote]

There is the temptation to get it before September if possible, particularly as my Tiguan payment comes 1st September. The main highway is now heading to Grimsby if anyones waiting for a car.
OhValleyOfPlenty
New
Drives: Polo R Line

Post by OhValleyOfPlenty »

Looking at the KESS shipping schedule, Elbe Highway (currently heading to Bremerhaven) is due into Emden on Wednesday 24th and then onto Sheerness on the 25th. So I'm expecting to hear from my dealer next Thursday hopefully.
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Does the standard media system have voice control for accessing things like music on itunes?
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Email update from my dealer this morning confirming that my car is currently in Emden awaiting shipping to the UK (something I had already worked out for myself). But at least they appear to be trying to keep me updated.

On checking the shipping schedule for the Port of the Tyne, the City of St. Peterburg (Ro-Ro ferry) looks to be doing a run from Emden to the Tyne, arriving on the 27th August (this coming Friday). So good chance it will be on that.

Getting closer....
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Well unless mine made the boat that arrived the hour after the RCC Europe arrived at Emden from South Africa, then I’d imagine mine might be a few weeks yet as nothing seems to be going to Grimsby. To be fair I don’t want it until at least the 6th September.

Anyone got theirs yet?
OhValleyOfPlenty
New
Drives: Polo R Line

Post by OhValleyOfPlenty »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:50 pm Well unless mine made the boat that arrived the hour after the RCC Europe arrived at Emden from South Africa, then I’d imagine mine might be a few weeks yet as nothing seems to be going to Grimsby. To be fair I don’t want it until at least the 6th September.

Anyone got theirs yet?
The City of Stpetersburg ship is currently at anchor outside Grimsby which left Emden yesterday (21st). There's also the ship Schelde Highway docked at Emden, heading to Grimbsy (current ETA 24th - will probably be earlier depending on when it leaves).
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

OhValleyOfPlenty wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:09 pm [quote=lancslad1985 post_id=592555 time=<a href="tel:1661176243">1661176243</a> user_id=15903]
Well unless mine made the boat that arrived the hour after the RCC Europe arrived at Emden from South Africa, then I’d imagine mine might be a few weeks yet as nothing seems to be going to Grimsby. To be fair I don’t want it until at least the 6th September.

Anyone got theirs yet?
The City of Stpetersburg ship is currently at anchor outside Grimsby which left Emden yesterday (21st). There's also the ship Schelde Highway docked at Emden, heading to Grimbsy (current ETA 24th - will probably be earlier depending on when it leaves).
[/quote]

Goes to show how good my detective work is then! Cheers! :D
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Well my wife is collecting her r-line right now and has been told my car arrives in the UK today. Will be collecting 6th September.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:48 am Well my wife is collecting her r-line right now and has been told my car arrives in the UK today. Will be collecting 6th September.
Excellent news all round in your house then. Hope your wife likes the new R LIne and not too long (I know you have your Scottish trip with Tiguan) for you and the GTI.

Looks like plenty of 72 Reg Polos will be on the road too.
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

What are peoples favourite colour for new polo gti?
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Philip GTI wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:51 pm What are peoples favourite colour for new polo gti?
Got to be white. Doesn't tend to show the paint chips or swirl marks etc. Never thought I'd like white. Being of a "certain age", I always used to hear "don't buy white", only wedding cars and Taxi's are white. Now it looks to be the new silver.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:32 pm
Philip GTI wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:51 pm What are peoples favourite colour for new polo gti?
Got to be white. Doesn't tend to show the paint chips or swirl marks etc. Never thought I'd like white. Being of a "certain age", I always used to hear "don't buy white", only wedding cars and Taxi's are white. Now it looks to be the new silver.
Agree; has to be white, but then I’m probably biased as my 2020 AW Polo GTI+ is Pure White.
  • Easy to colour match if you're unfortunate enough to ever need paint repairs
  • Easy to do DIY repair stone chips and they’re not noticeable after repair
  • ’Hides’ swirl marks much better than darker colours (although I always use a safe 2BM wash method and warm air dryer, so swirls are less of an issue for me 🙂).
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:48 am Well my wife is collecting her r-line right now and has been told my car arrives in the UK today. Will be collecting 6th September.
Post some pics in the R line thread, it could do with a bump ;)
How does your wife find it ?
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

KayakerPaul wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:48 pm [quote=lancslad1985 post_id=592569 time=<a href="tel:1661248095">1661248095</a> user_id=15903]
Well my wife is collecting her r-line right now and has been told my car arrives in the UK today. Will be collecting 6th September.
Post some pics in the R line thread, it could do with a bump ;)
How does your wife find it ?
[/quote]

She’s enjoying it. It has a good spec. Only downside is there’s no engine cover despite them saying they’d have one, so going to chase them up tomorrow.
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

I'll have to make a note to check ours, as I thought it was only the GTI missing their's , thanks for mentioning it.