Oug8 update showing in car,could not download

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Oug8 update showing in car,could not download

Post by LEEA123 »

Hi all , got in car this morning and was showing update available,2022gti if makes difference.. went into system information,selected update,it showed oug8 0/138mb .
The update button would not respond to start update,was greyed out,

Any advice be great thanks
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Re: Oug8 update showing in car,could not download

Post by grazuncle2 »

Intriguing!

have you updated your Polo via this method before then? Never heard of this. Interesting.
MarcoPolo20
New
Drives: R-Line 110bhp 6 speed manual

Post by MarcoPolo20 »

Hi, yes I’m having the same thing. It came up with the message about the update last week. I clicked download and initially it downloaded 15/138mb. It then stopped.

The next day I had a message saying the update failed. I acknowledged it. A couple of days later the download update screen appeared. I clicked ‘download’, but it’s been stuck at 0mb ever since. I briefly tried tethering it to my mobile to see if it was connectivity with the in built sim. Still no download though. Suspect an issue at VWs end.

Mine is a 2021 R-Line 110. It’s software version 0890. I have done other over the air updates successfully.
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

please excuse the questions (and offering no help either)

is this software updating for the car (ECU?), entertainment module or what.. not even heard a little of this previously.. I don't get any messages; too low in the model range perhaps?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

grazuncle2 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:32 am please excuse the questions (and offering no help either)

is this software updating for the car (ECU?), entertainment module or what.. not even heard a little of this previously.. I don't get any messages; too low in the model range perhaps?
Your car is a pre-facelift Polo (AW model) and OTA (over the air) updates aren’t available for your car (or mine either - a pre-facelift 2020 Polo GTI+).

@LEEA123; as @MarcoPolo20 has said, it’s probably a (server?) issue at VW’s end, so I’d suggest leaving it a few days and then try again.
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it a general update or specific to Engine, media centre or could be anything?
Just interested.
Last edited by grazuncle2 on Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarcoPolo20
New

Post by MarcoPolo20 »

It’s a software update for the infotainment system only.
MarcoPolo20
New

Post by MarcoPolo20 »

This morning I received this message…
Attachments
IMG_6109.jpeg
IMG_6109.jpeg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 6410 times
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

I had the update message this morning. Pressed ok . Completed in about 20 seconds ! All done ✔️
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

I got the update message this morning and pressed OK and nothing happened. Not the first time that I've had this happen since I bought the car (2022 GTI) last September.
In fact I've only had one update actually download and install itself successfully so far.

I think VW's OTA update system is more than a bit flaky.
RealInsky
New
Drives: Polo 2021 comfortline

Post by RealInsky »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:43 am
grazuncle2 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:32 am please excuse the questions (and offering no help either)

Your car is a pre-facelift Polo (AW model) and OTA (over the air) updates aren’t available for your car (or mine either - a pre-facelift 2020 Polo GTI+).

@LEEA123; as @MarcoPolo20 has said, it’s probably a (server?) issue at VW’s end, so I’d suggest leaving it a few days and then try again.
Believe me or not but mine is a 2021 pre facelift Polo and I do receive OTA updates, just received one last week.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

I have MY2019 with discover media and never ever received single update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

Seems to be undefined rigidly by year then?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

grazuncle2 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:30 pm Seems to be undefined rigidly by year then?
I think the last of the pre-facelift cars may have got some of the tech of the facelift model. If so, then that might explain why @RealInsky’s 2021 pre-facelift Polo gets OTA updates.

The last of the pre-facelift Polos cars can be identified by the position of the ‘Polo’ badge (or for the GTI, the GTI badge) on the tailgate; centrally positioned under the VW emblem on the hatch release handle rather than in the bottom left corner. The font used for the badge is also the current style used by VW; see picture below.

The last of the pre-facelift Polo GTI’s also got the facelift GTI’s 7 speed DSG rather than the 6 speed DSG, and the facelift car’s engine power uplift from 200ps to 207ps.

IMG_0265.jpeg
IMG_0265.jpeg (69.18 KiB) Viewed 6127 times
Algirdasr
New
Drives: Polo-Tiguan

Post by Algirdasr »

Hi! Was looking for a solution to the described problem and found this thread. This issue was frustating, but it got fixed by itself, just needed some more patients.

Here how it did go for me. I have experienced the same symptoms: notification about OUG8 update was re-appearing during each car start. Software update button (under Settings -> System information -> Update Software was not responding) - really annoying situation. I have read in some other forums to wait in a car for some time with ignition on.

So I did, standed for 30-40 minutes in one place, ignition on. Embeded SIM was connected to the network (icon firm in the top) - normal internet connection of the car. Nothing happened, same symptoms, I sort of gave up.

But next day, after driving and parking I saw that notification did not appear. I went to Settings -> System Information -> Update spftware and new message appeared, that download has been finsihed and asked to turn off ignition for installation to start. Waited 5-10 minutes and installation finished.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Cannot comment on fixes/new features, haven’t checked them yet.

/A