DSG servicing

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
john896
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

DSG servicing

Post by john896 »

Does anyone know the service intervals of the DSG box in the Polo GTI. I have scoured the internet and found some suggestions of 40000miles. The local VW garage have the car in for a service and it has only done about 11000miles from new and it’s a 2019 so I was surprised when they said it needs a DSG oil change.

Does it have the mechatronic box as I understand this to be a sealed for life unit with not oil changes needed and want to make sure they are not trying a fast one.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: DSG servicing

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Hi john896

My vehicles DSG oil was changed at 60 000KM which is about 40 000 miles roughly.

Since your car has such a low milage the oil change may then be 40 000 miles or 4 years, which ever comes first.

Wrt your question about the mechatronics box, I believe it is the DQ250 6 speed gearbox but am unsure if its a sealed unit although there has been some discussion on this forum re: the DSG box.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@OomStu_ZA; yes, the 6 speed wet clutch DSG transmission in the pre-facelift AW Polo GTI and GTI+ is the DQ250.

@john896; service intervals are 40,000 miles - see article at the link below on TPS website. There’s no mention of any time interval for servicing, but I’m planning on getting mine serviced at 4 years even though my car will probably have only covered around 17k miles by the time it’s 4 years old. I’m a firm believer of proactive rather than reactive maintenance and I’d rather spend a few ££’s on getting it serviced rather than be hit with a large repair / replacement bill due to lack of maintenance.

https://tps.trade/insider/dsg-servicing
john896
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by john896 »

SRGTD - thank you for your reply and link it’s good to know. I’m not the type of person to scrimp on car maintenance hence why I agreed to go ahead with it but after doing so I started to wonder what the intervals would be. Oil degrades with time so a time limit is something i am comfortable with but at the same place they also put an amber warning on the service to replace the rear tyres when they both had 5.5mm of tread on them so I know these places try it on. As much as I don’t rate the Bridgestones I’m not that daft to replace tyres that are practically brand new. Funnily when the car was back in a week later for the gearbox oil they marked them as green so go figure.

OomStu_ZA - thank you
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, most dealers will tout for business - the usual suspects seem to be air con service, brakes and tyres. From what I’ve read on other VW forums, dealers will often flag up the need for new brake pads when the current ones are only 50% worn, so something to be aware of.

Some brands of tyre only have 7.5 - 8.0 mm of tread when new, so for a dealer to suggest they need replacing at 5.5mm is madness. I don’t run my tyres down to the legal minimum but I wouldn’t replace them at 5.5mm tread; I consider replacing when the tread is down to around 2.5 - 3.0 mm remaining.
Discoboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTi

Post by Discoboy »

Hi All,
What is the model No. for the 7 speed DSG box is the >2022 facelift GTi?
Thanks
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Discoboy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:31 pm Hi All,
Thanks
If by model no. you’re referring to the ‘gearbox type’ in the TPS website link in my earlier post, I think you may have answered your own question……..see your first post on page 2 of the discussion thread at the link below;

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=75033&start=15
Discoboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTi

Post by Discoboy »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:01 pm
Thanks
If by model no. you’re referring to the ‘gearbox type’ in the TPS website link in my earlier post, I think you may have answered your own question……..see your first post on page 2 of the discussion thread at the link below;

Hi SRGTD,
Thanks for reminding about that post and I am sorry my question seems like I already answered this question.
Having now seen the TPS DGS list I wanted to be sure/confirm in case is was not the DQ381 box as the list shows 3 other DQxxx 7 speed box part No.’s
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Discoboy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:09 pm
SRGTD wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:01 pm
Thanks

Hi SRGTD,
Thanks for reminding about that post and I am sorry my question seems like I already answered this question.
Having now seen the TPS DGS list I wanted to be sure/confirm in case is was not the DQ381 box as the list shows 3 other DQxxx 7 speed box part No.’s
Other posts I’ve read on the forum state it’s the DQ381.
silver38
New
Drives: GTi+

Post by silver38 »

My GTi+ is going in for a service mid November on 20,400 miles, the car will be 4 years old in January I asked for a DSG oil and filter change, they came back with a cost of £441.99 just for the DSG oil and filter change.
Price seems a bit high just for that.

Thanks
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

silver38 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:21 pm My GTi+ is going in for a service mid November on 20,400 miles, the car will be 4 years old in January I asked for a DSG oil and filter change, they came back with a cost of £441.99 just for the DSG oil and filter change.

Thanks
The dealer I use is quoting a price of £372 on their website for DSG service.
silver38
New
Drives: GTi+

Post by silver38 »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:32 pm
silver38 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:21 pm My GTi+ is going in for a service mid November on 20,400 miles, the car will be 4 years old in January I asked for a DSG oil and filter change, they came back with a cost of £441.99 just for the DSG oil and filter change.

Thanks
The dealer I use is quoting a price of £372 on their website for DSG service.
They weren't keen initially because it hadn't reached 40,00, I insisted, that may now be reflected in the price.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Those prices are way too high. Go to JBS chesterfield or Midland VW if you are near either. Will be cheaper and better looked after.

Jbs did mine at 30k, no questions asked, much much smoother after. Probably was unfilled from factory as others report.