My mk1

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
nuttinnew
Silver Member

My mk1

Post by nuttinnew »

Gday :D
http://www.polo-gt.co.uk/Page%2033.htm
Let's see how many others are out there...
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

to save clicking on the link ill post them up form you:
she seems very well kept, what work have you done to her
nuttinnew
Silver Member

Post by nuttinnew »

No work done yet, seen as bought at 42,000 miles, just put the BBS on
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Cherish this car mate, it looks stunning! They've become really rare over here, haven't seen one in ages! Big :thumbsup: due.
nuttinnew
Silver Member

Post by nuttinnew »

Cheers :D I actually sold a very clean G40 to buy a mk1, a T-reg shed. The idea was that starting with a wreck was I couldn't spoil it just save it, so I could have it whatever colour I liked with whatever engine, interior and wheels I chose without feeling guilty. Problem is, I got messed about so didn't end up with that car :evil: As clean as mine is (was, since I bought it people have managed to hit both rear arches, rear valance and theiving scum have ruined the once perfect hatch :evil: :evil: ) it's not exactly what I wanted, the other had all the chrome and this ones got the original engine that runs sweetly so I'd feel guilty changing it. That said it's rather underpowered so fuel consumption is worse than you'd expect, a bit more oomph would make it much more liveable with (cue 1600 with 5-speed, headwork, cam and Weber :D ). This engine would at least look standard and not ruin it.
The weirdest thing with this car is the reception it got from my Jap and Ford owning friends. I thought they wouldn't understand but most think it's cool.
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Sorry to hear about the damage...

But anyway, imagine a big engine in that shell, some uprated coilovers and brakes, keep the outside standard and T h a t would be amazing!

Show winning potential for sure. Look at the Cult cars that've been coming out of Austria- the Cl Golf for example, with small chrome lined bumpers, incredible drop, polished wheels and a meaty 2.0 16v engine. I would trade my car for that without thinking.
nuttinnew
Silver Member

Post by nuttinnew »

...watch this space...