UK-Polos.net Roling road day - SUNDAY 14th November 2004

Organise Meetings and Events!
nuttinnew
Silver Member

Post by nuttinnew »

1. Josh_PoloGTi (who doesn't drive a GTi any more!)
2. metz (whos never driven a GTI)
3. madmatt (who wants to drive a GTI)
4. Tony B (erm,....who has a GTI.....but a boringly standard one)
5. Dubpolo (who has a GTI and will let metz and madmatt have a little go)
6. Nelson (who test drove a GTi but thought it was too slow/juicy )7. SundeepTT (who hasn't got a TT and ain't bring the Polo either ) *provisional
8. Caney (who has a TT with NOS, who is awaiting my decision before can decide.. make sense !)
9. nuttinnew (who had a GTI but that was a Golf2 then got a Polo GT but that was written off so he got a G40 which he then sold to get a GT hatch and a '77 Polo etc etc...would turn up in a mk4 1300 Polo...)
srbpower
Bronze Member

Post by srbpower »

This might be fun, I'll see it the missus wants to give the polo a run. Anyone know what the rollers will handle. Been looking for somewhere to run a 600+ bhp 200sx. Last place we took it to, we wasted a set of Dunlop D01Js as the rollers couldn't handle the car and the rear wheels just lit up and proceded to rip/shread and melt the rear tyres :twisted: :twisted:

Si :)
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

9.5b Tahrey (who doesnt any more know what car he'll be driving by then - though it probably won't be a GTi more's the pity - and so in classic style refuses to commit himself.. interested though.. whether it be a 1.0 mk3 with wobbly wheels that break the rollers, a 1.6 Felicia that outpowers all but the modded dubs*, or a traitorous Micra that gives the dyno interpreters a headache with it's CVT box.. :lol:)

*well im forgetting the 1.6s and GTis and TDis i guess :lol:
Last edited by Tahrey1043 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waynesGTI
New

Post by waynesGTI »

Hey I think i can make it mite bring my G40 or just my GTI! Dont know yet! do u have to pay over the phone again! :roll:
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

josh, will my car get on the rollers? it's abit of a mission if i don't get a run!
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

I'll be coming but most likely not putting my car on the rollers...haven't done any new mods that warrant putting it on again...apart from the jacket hanger but I can't see that adding some much needed bhp! ha ha ha!

Dubpolo, can you not just release your coilovers so that there is a bit more of a gap? I know you like it low but I'm sure you can re-adjust when you are back home!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

dubpolo wrote:josh, will my car get on the rollers? it's abit of a mission if i don't get a run!
My Polo went on without any problems and that was superlow... Over 70mm lower anyway.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

ok then!! see you there!
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

I'd love to go but'll have to let you know, need to make sur ethe polo can get up and back down with no problems, also no radio yet :shock:

James.
SundeepTT
Getting There!

Post by SundeepTT »

SundeepTT wrote:
Josh et crew .... can you please adjudicate on whether I am allowed to come along in the porker for a run on the rollers, but I dont want to take any RR spots away from Polo owners..

however my attendance would be with a 350bhp+ NOS TT (done by JBS or so he told me !) and maybe / maybe not a std Golf 4 Turbo, who would like a run as well (TT for sure)...

let me know either way

regards
well ? we need to know ?!
mk3_beast
Bronze Member

Post by mk3_beast »

am i welcome to come in my mk2 golf? seen as i had a polo before?
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

SundeepTT wrote:
well ? we need to know ?!
I'm going to check with James today mate...

I know the TT will be able to go on with no problems (just needs the Haldex disabling and I've seen it on their rollers before)... It's just yours that could be a problem as I've never seen a RWD car running on their rollers before... Where's your radiator? At the front I assume? because their fans are all at the back of the boot (where the back of your car would be).

I'll find out and let you know.
SundeepTT
Getting There!

Post by SundeepTT »

no worries...

radiator...er what radiator !
8)
it's aircooled... so just set those fans to max.... esp at the back !!! it will be fine !

regards
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

b0ll0cks, i just realised..... its a sunday.... and an early start

aint no way i could make it that far north before midday, given that im in all likelihood working that saturday :(

....anyone fancy taking the shed on a joyride up the M1 if i leave the door unlocked and keys tucked into the sunvisor? :D just so long as you put petrol in and leave a videotape of the proceedings on the drivers seat

edit --- ugh, wibbly wheels, sensors shot to sh*t, and a general lack of morale too (eg chavness)... would really love to come but.. probably gonna wait for the next one. unless the bar burns down or i get sacked :) ... or it doesnt kick off til 2pm. put the money towards tuning, repairs etc.
Last edited by Tahrey1043 on Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

Hmm decisions decisions. It would be interesting for me to see a before and after on this 1.4 GT of mine. 8) Just out of curiosity, why have you picked the middle of nowhere to have it? Its really awkward for me to get to, like that pic of the route from lancaster being almost a Z shape. Admittedly Ive just gotta follow the A6 as far as chapel-en-le-frith or there abouts. So Should be an interesting drive. :P (if I do decide to go that is)