Another Change to Spec

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Another Change to Spec

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

In the latest VW magazine they test drove a Polo TDi PD 100 Sport and gave it a good review. It out performs the Golf GTi and in gear acceleration is on par if not faster than the Polo GTi. Boy am I glad I opted for the PD 100.

Here's the horror story, they have upped the spec again, Climatronic is now standard on all Sport models. Christ I only bought mine five months ago with Climatic. Thanks a bunch VW.
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Wasn't the upgrade from Climatic to Climatronic just a small amount? I am still at a loss why the Climatic was ever introduced to the line of options, I think VW has a hard time explaining the difference between basic A/C, semi-automatic and fully automatic Climate Control... :roll:
tdisport
Getting There!

Also Cheaper!!

Post by tdisport »

Just saw TV advert for £800 off a new Sport!!!

Not only do you get climatronic but also £800 off.

Just great. Hope re-sale values are not affected too much as thinking of selling up as well. Will go japaneese not german.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I hate to admit it but if VW keep on upping the spec and reducing prices every 6 months or so, I'd be tempted to buy a Jap car.

The only reason I go VW is because the interior is of superior quality when compared to other manufacturers, and resale is generally v good.

That new Honda Accord looks awfully tempting :P
dxg

Post by dxg »

Are you sure that ad's for a polo? There's an tv ad on the go atm for a passat with £800 off - a couple are going back to their dealer apologising for accepting "his mistake" - is that the one you're thinking of?

I agree that it's a sure way to alienate etg customers. But mind you the new micra comes with a "full auto" a/c system, so perhaps vw are combating that threat in the polo's segment.