No more Rattles

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

No more Rattles

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I have a cure for those rattles. Threaten to buy a new car and they soon disappear.

Seriously, my car has now covered 4500 miles initialy it'd rattle down the road but now it's settled down and feels very solid. Anyone else had a similar experience, perhaps it's phsycological.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Which rattles did you have - did you have the one from the central heater vents - did it go away?

As you can probably guess from my other posts on here, I'm seriously considering a shift to something else, but my dealer has recommended to do just what you've done - keep driving it and let things "bed in".

But this central rattle is getting worse and worse - getting really fed up - and VW's compensation hasn't turned up yet.

Anyway, it's back to the dealers on Monday again for its second service in 2.5k miles (that's total mileage - not distance btwn services!!!)

On a side note - Happy New Year!

Deek
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I came very close to returning myself, the dash rattles were the coming from the smooth section in front of the windscreen (passenger side)

This was initially replaced under warranty but the rattle persisted. I also had a couple of rattles from the passenger door and glovebox. I carried on like this for 2000 miles or so and they stopped. Could have something to do with the Sports suspension and the low profile tyres finally sorting themselves out. The tyres have now been run in and the grip is ten times what was and the suspension is now less crashy. I'm going to forget aftermarket Suspension setups and larger alloys with even lower profile tyres.

Don't worry if the squeaks start up again it's going straight to the dealers AGAIN. For now I'm quite content though
tdisport
Getting There!

Some gone, some re-appeared

Post by tdisport »

Some of my rattles have gone (dash) - touch wood.

Others have started - interior mirror vibrating and seatbelt creaking on b-post. driving me mad but cant be bothered to visit yet another dealer as i have moved.

ps - think it does get better with age - 8300 miles now and getting better.

tdisport
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Mines just gone to 17,300 miles and has just *started* to rattle the last few 1000 miles - strange!