how much would a 150 tdi engine cost

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
silverpolo
Getting There!

how much would a 150 tdi engine cost

Post by silverpolo »

if ever i did have enough money id want an engine swap 4 a 150 one this it should fit my 1.4tdi as the 1.9 (100) fits about 3-4k?

andd then the fitting of it umm
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Alot, I saw a 130TDi for £4000 but it had a few miles on it, I'm pretty sure you'd need a six speed box, traction control is a must, I have enough problems in the wet and going round roundabouts with the 100tdi, with the 150 it'd be uncontrollable.

Personally I'm waiting for the Ibiza Cupra 150TDi, you get your warranty and brembo brakes (a must) plus your traction control and a six speed box. Plus it looks the business.

Post by Guest »

des_pd_ tdi wrote:I have enough problems in the wet and going round roundabouts with the 100tdi
A new set of tyres would sort out that problem.

I have the same car as you but as yet i have been unable to replicate the above problems you keep mentioning. Apart from a secondgear wheelspin on a very wet patch of worn road..
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

What tyres do you have?

I'm running standard Bridgetones

Post by Guest »

Dunlop SP Sport 2000's

Came with them new. Very grippy in the dry and don't appear to loose much grip in the wet. I can chuck the car around without any problems at all (not that i get to use it much)

Bridgestone make crackin' bike tyres (i had a set of BT020's on a previous bike) but i haven't tried any of there car tyres yet.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Hello sparky! Long time... :roll: