Jupiter beige? (Desert Beige)

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Petrified
Sponsor

Jupiter beige? (Desert Beige)

Post by Petrified »

@ Babe RuthLess

Saw 2 polo's today in this colour. Looked slightly lighter (more sandy) but maybe it's to do with the light.

Asked what colour they were at the dealers and they said they didn't know. They also said they hadn't seen them that colour before on the polo but you can get it on the passat it's called Desert Beige, and also on the Toureg but might be called a different name.

They were both 2003 models 1 was a 1.9 TDi and the other a SDi.

James.
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Now I'm confused...

Passats and other VWs imported from Europe can be found in a lighter tone of beige but it's called 'Storm Beige' according to VW Brasil website.

It's a light beige that sometimes leans on pink - or maybe I'm a little colour blind :oops: .

I haven't seen this 'Desert beige' yet.

My car colour ('Jupiter beige') does look lighter too depending on the lighting.
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Sorry, :roll: to confuse matters even more.

The colour on the Touareg is called 'Wheat Beige' and I have been told the colour on the Polo could be either 'Desert beige' (which is also available on the Golf/Bora) or a new colour 'Bolero Beige'. When asked why isn't it in the brochure they say it's a new colour available to the polo and the brochures were made in 2002. Apparently there are several other colours on the Polo that arn't in the brochure including...

'Cyber Green' :shock:
'Coucou Grey'
'Nebio Blue'

So lot's of different beiges in the VW range.
I asked if they did pink but the said no.

James.