Do you like it or not?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Poloracer
Getting There!

Do you like it or not?

Post by Poloracer »

What do you lot reakon to the new polo??? I think it looks fine, ive had the 9n now for over a year and think its time for an upgrade to the polo 9n/2. Not to sure on the fox, but when the lupo came out I thought the same, but soon came to like it!!!!!! I think its more aggresive, so a euro style look might be harder to achieve???? So what do you think, is it worth part ex-ing for my 9n or not????
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

I would hold on to your 9n for a few months,

You've only had it a year, give it a chance for the problems to be found as there always is some problem /recall on new vw's these days.

It's a lovely looking car and certainly the way forward for the polo I think, it's like the golf V when it came out it's not exactly what I was expecting but knew I would come to like it (now I'm buying one!)

Also during launch do you know what engines will be available?

There is usually a better chioce if you wait longer, like with the 9n the FSI came out 6-9 (?) months later.

But yeah, I like them. Much better interior too. 8)
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Its a "yes" vote from me too! I quite like it and I am really looking forward to seeing the entire model range, including the possible GTi variant, rumoured to be announced towards the end of this year? I like the fact that VW have moved away from the twin headlamps sported by the 9n, those never really appealed to me in standard form :oops: although with a few choice modifications the 9n can look great, as seen by a good number of member's rides on this and other forums and websites :)

From what I understand the engines from the 9n will be carried over, but the interior trims and equipment levels have had an overhaul, in line with the rest of the new VW models, for a more classy feel. The same thing has been achieved with the ew Passat, Bora and Golf models, all of which look and feel far better than their predecessors IMHO.

Thought of the day: is the new Polo really referred to as 9n2 or is that something we instigated here on UK-P and has kinda stuck?
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

I certainly prefer it to the 9n.. seems a touch unoriginal just making it look like a small golf, but then I guess that's the same with the mk1 and 2 polos so who am I to complain ;)
Berto
New

Post by Berto »

I like more than the 9N1, looks more serious, and less Lupo front, that it's nice for a small car like a Lupo, but not for any bigger like the 9N polo

I'm also waiting for the GTI version long time ago, I made a mistake when I didn't buy the 6N2 GTI and I'm waiting for the new 9N GTI.
what engine will mount?

I previously asked and put this link: http://www.autobild.de/aktuell/neuheite ... el_id=7482

It's clear that will be changes in the 9N2 gasoline engines, because in the german catalog ( http://www.vagclub.com/files/varios/pol ... -04-01.pdf ) shows the 1.4 75hp as the most powerful gasoline engine, but what are the new engines for the polo?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Hi Berto,

Rumours are that VW's engineers are working on putting a 1.6 FSI enigne in the GTi model, with 150bhp on tap. It'll be a naturally aspirated engine, no turbo unlike on the Golf. Performance levels should match or slightly exceed that of the 6n2 GTi, with a sub-9 seconds 0-62mph time and a top speed of about 135mph. As for spec, equipment levels and colours, we'll have to wait a bit longer!
Berto
New

Post by Berto »

I think a more natual option should be at least the 2.0 FSI (the new version with rich mixture released with the Passat) as it's used in the Polo Cup http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.de/vw- ... en/?type=1 , like the 1.6 of the Lupo Cup was used in the Lupo and Polo GTI , but I would prefer the 1.8T engine due the possibilities it has thanks to the turbo :twisted: I don't want nothing slower than my "big and heavy" Passat 1.8T with REVO 8)
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

Berto wrote:I think a more natual option should be at least the 2.0 FSI (the new version with rich mixture released with the Passat) as it's used in the Polo Cup http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.de/vw- ... en/?type=1 , like the 1.6 of the Lupo Cup was used in the Lupo and Polo GTI , but I would prefer the 1.8T engine due the possibilities it has thanks to the turbo :twisted: I don't want nothing slower than my "big and heavy" Passat 1.8T with REVO 8)
yeah, i would think the 1.8T would have more potential for modding,
Wheatley
New

Post by Wheatley »

I'm starting to really like it, even getting use to the new rear lights. I'm waiting for the GTI to decide on whether or not I am going for it, I've had my 9N for a year now but would trade that in for a new GTI any day.
I would perfer it to have the 1.8T, just seems to make it more aggressive :D
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

New Polo looks too Euro

Post by veedub-ally »

Hi All

Kinda new here but have been on the Lupo forum for a wee while as I used to run a couple.

Been waiting for the new Polo for ages but really disappointed now that I have seen it. There is lots of info on the German VW site but, as usual, nothing updated yet on the UK site.

I was really waiting for a 1.8T or a 2.0TDI with the DSG box so I don't think I will be changing this year. Minor changes to the bodywork (for the worse at the front - so bland now!) and minor tweaks to the interior and no new engines.... as yet.

I am gonna wait for the final UK line up before I make a final decision but it looks like I will be hanging on to my car and getting a Lupo to join it.

Any further thoughts from anyone else?

Ally
kliis
Getting There!
Location: Castellar del Vallès, near Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Post by kliis »

Yesterday I went to my dealer to ask about the new Polo. They told me they already doesn't know wich petrol engines will be abailable, but they told me it will be presented in may, 4 or 5.
Also they told me the GTi version (with front bumper like the Golf GTi) will have the 1.8T with 150HP (that's what they told me, don't blame me if its incorrect! :D ).
I would prefer a TFSi engine, something like a 1.6 16v TFSi with about 150HP, but the 1.8T is a well proven and very tweakable engine.

Time will tell!
gordysmit
New

Post by gordysmit »

any news on price and what tdi engines have they?
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

prices and engines.....

Post by veedub-ally »

I was told by the dealer I usually buy from that the engine line up will be virtually unchanged i.e. petrol as is and diesels staying the same at 100bhp and 130bhp. The only change is the addition of two 1.4 litre 3 cyl diesels - one producing 70bhp (replaces the old SDI) and the other producing 80bhp (replaces the current 75bhp model).

No word on pricing but I would imagine it to be similar to the outgoing models as there is little change to the car overall. Interiors are virtually unchanged.

I am waiting until next year for something hotter and hopefully the DSG box.

Ally
vwclub.gr
Bronze Member

Post by vwclub.gr »

It won't be called 9n2 but 9n3
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

vwclub.gr wrote:It won't be called 9n2 but 9n3
:shock: why?