EPC LIGHT

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
vwpower
Bronze Member

EPC LIGHT

Post by vwpower »

Today the EPC light turn on. I wen to de Vag dealer and told if they can plug the computer analizer so I can found out what was the problem.
Right away he aske me if the break lights have a problem. I haven check so I told him I didn't know. So we went to the car and check, and he told me that it was the switch that was on the pedal and the can change it in about 15 mtos.

I told him that I was worried couse I tought it was a motor problem or electrical, and he told me that on the manual it says that the EPC was for any kind of problem but is not right. As far as he knows is only for break lights problem.

Have any one have an EPC and the problem was'nt break light problems?
kliis
Getting There!
Location: Castellar del Vallès, near Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Post by kliis »

Well, I had exactly the same problem! It was even worse: the break light stayed on when I release the break pedal. The EPC light was also on, so I went to the dealer and they replaced the break switch and then it worked right with no EPC light.
They also told me the EPC light can activate whenever there is an electrical problem.
vwpower
Bronze Member

Post by vwpower »

They told me that the user manual has an error and only shows break light problems