Knock/ sound from steering on right turn HELP!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
live2themaxuk
Bronze Member

Knock/ sound from steering on right turn HELP!

Post by live2themaxuk »

Hi there,

I seem to get a quick split second creak/knock from the front of the car when i turn right into roads or actually even when changing direction, basically when the car has to tilt left. I have recently had the anti roll bar bushes changed but that hasnt seem to fix the exsisting problem. What could it be? Tired shock absorbers? Its getting rather annoying and i want it sorted before i fit my new eibach lowering springs. Any ideas before i hassle my dealer about it?

Jamie
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

Im not sure if im right with this one but it could be a possiblity that it is one of the springs at the front...maybe get a mate who works a garage just to have a quick look over for you

Rich
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

a creeking sound..... sounds like top mounts, i get that noise because im running my car low on coilovers. do you only get it at slow speeds?
moynas
Silver Member

Post by moynas »

I need a new top mount due to my lowered H&Rs right hand side!!
live2themaxuk
Bronze Member

Post by live2themaxuk »

well i get creeking from the rear suspension ' apparently its just the springs rotating' say the garage. but its really annoying.

is that fixable or are they bull s**t me when its just mounts?

and from the front its this knock, but its almost like a fast, solid sounding knock. I can almost imagine a ball joint.

Jamie
morrismen
Silver Member

It might be

Post by morrismen »

Have you considered it might be the front wheel(s)? Take them off, grease the hubs and put them on flush again. It just might be they are not located correctly. Had this on my old car and doing this fixed it.

Otherwise, maybe the steering bushes or the UJ on this steering. Did you have the pedal box recall done? If so, this could be the problem. Else, likely it is the new bushes creeking.