Tyres

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

TOYO doesn't manufacture the T1-S's anymore

The replacement is the T1-R, and is actually an improved version of the previous....

Image Image

T1-R // T1-S
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

poussou wrote:TOYO doesn't manufacture the T1-S's anymore

The replacement is the T1-R, and is actually an improved version of the previous....

Image Image

T1-R // T1-S
Actually mate that's the wrong way round. In those pictures the T1S is on the left, the T1R on the right :wink:

There is still a limited supply of Toyo T1S tyres, depending on where you source them from but they won't be around for long now, and the T1R obviously is more advanced and the better choice. Josh has got the T1R on his Porsche rims 8)

For me, the choice of tyre would be between the T1S/T1R and the Goodyear Eagle F1. I chose the T1S because they were cheaper, and my annual mileage is quite low (~8000 miles a year) so they are lasting well. I've got around 5mm tread on the front pair now, they've been on since May. The rears, funnily enough, are lasting well too.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

That's a shame really because the T1-S looks so much nicer than the T1-R.
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

Tyres area difficult one. Everyone rates a tyre and opinions vary greatly as to their own experiences with them, so anyway here is my two-bob's worth.

I had a gash in the sidewall of one of my Pirelli P5000 Drago's so decided to replace the 2 fronts with Federal SS595's as i hated the Pirelli's.

What a difference, grip in both wet and dry is much better. Excellent tyre, excellent price.

http://www.federaltyres.com.au/car/ss595.htm

P.s if they are good enough for a V8 Commodore then they'll do for me on the GTi. 8)
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

Si_GTi wrote: Actually mate that's the wrong way round. In those pictures the T1S is on the left, the T1R on the right :wink:
Yes of course...typo..... :oops:
Tony B
Getting There!

Post by Tony B »

Ok, so i've had michelin pilots (which i thought were good and looked good too.....i know that might sound sad but whatever..). Then i put Toyos on the back and the difference in grip was very noticeable - they slid all over the place and they're ugly! (is it me or does the sidewall seem much bigger - and yep i've triple checked that the size is the same).
I've now got Goodyear F1s....and they are the dogs - looks and grip!
JWC
Gold Member

Post by JWC »

I use Avon tyres. As you know always fitted as standard to Rolls Royce and always have been. They are the quietest you can get and grip better on ice than my standard dunlops did on dry tarmac!

And on top of all that, they are not that expensive either.

I'm running 195/45 R15's They have the funky tyre protector sidewall making them look mean. :)
Reeyad
Silver Member

Post by Reeyad »

JWC wrote:I use Avon tyres. As you know always fitted as standard to Rolls Royce and always have been. They are the quietest you can get and grip better on ice than my standard dunlops did on dry tarmac!

And on top of all that, they are not that expensive either.

I'm running 195/45 R15's They have the funky tyre protector sidewall making them look mean. :)
Hey you have any pics at all............