Open/close windows and sunroof from the remote

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

:lol:
ciden
Bronze Member

Post by ciden »

Nelson_Wilbury wrote:Don't know of any function to lock up your sunroof or windows with the remote :?

Only way I know you can do it is with the key in the lock barrel (hold key in 'locked' position to do windows/sunroof up and 'unlocked' to open them. That function is standard on all 6n2's and 9n's with central locking and electric windows.

Neil
I tried this today, and yes it works - but all 4 windows rolls down...ain't that a bit much?
ciden
Bronze Member

Post by ciden »

OK, I sent VWSA an e-mail asking them about the feature of closing open windows with the remote, and this is the reply I got:
According to our Product Planner when the cars leave the line, using the key in the door, turning and holding in the locked position will close any/all windows that are open.
As for doing this from the remote (pressing lock button and holding), the comfort module on the Polo's does not have this feature, and unfortunately it cannot be programmed as a "comfort" setting.
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Hi all,

VW seems to mislead its customers in different ways depending on where they live.

I checked with my VW dealer this morning, while waiting for my car to be de-locked (will tell this story in a separate thread).

They said the windows can be closed with the remote. All that's needed, as far as they told me, is a £12 relay and 1 1/2 hours of labour - they claimed all doors would have to be taken apart and their windows wired to the system.

Not sure if there's some CAN-BUS tweaking involved, maybe for activating the relay?

Anyways that's what a Brazilian VW dealer told me, I even left their premises with the quote for parts and service that amounted to something around £40.

The system however would be activated every time you single-pressed the lock button, as the system cannot tell the difference between a short button press from a long one. So VWSA is right, in a sense.

They also told me a cup-holder could be retro-fitted, but the 3rd seatbelt could not.

Then again, as Ciden's post plainly demonstrates, VW is not always consistent in their claims, that'll depend on the country you live in or the dealer you talk to!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Wow :shock: £40 for 1.5 hours labour AND parts, from a main dealer!!!

My main dealer charges £50 (possibly plus VAT - 17.5%) PER HOUR Labour!!!

I need to move my ass to South America! :wink:
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Well, we get paid less too, so in the end the actual cost (in terms of what we have to give up to pay for this) is the same...

Anyways, there are five main VW dealers in my city (well 4 and one in a nearby suburb). I know what 3 of them charge for 1 hour labour (these are approximate figures with the exchange rate at 4.80 Real to £1):

VW Catalão - £13
VW Carbel (best service by far) - £16
VW Recreio - £16

This morning, Catalão and Recreio refused to de-lock my car. Hell, at Catalão they even refused to aknowledge VW locks have a problem in the first place: "never heard of this, son. Your're the first one asking me to do this, I think it'll void your warranty". They did have 50 units of the little plastic cover back-ordered...

At Carbel, they did the service in less than an hour, no questions asked: "Yeah, everyday we're getting like 12 to 14 cars with locks that have been messed with. People get angry when we say this sort of thing isn't covered by the warranty...but that's how things are, there's been no recall. You were lucky to find these parts though (-the ones to de-lock-), they're hard to come by these days!"

Oh, VW service....

BTW, here's my delocked car!

Cheers (and sorry for the long, unnecessary post :roll: )
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

this is for an A3 but there might be a possibility of it working
http://www.vagparts.com/pages/A3rem.htm

or a better bet might be this http://www.vagparts.com/pages/A2rem.htm as its for an a2 and i beleve theye are on the same platform so the wireing might be similar the cost is £86
Last edited by polo2k on Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kliis
Getting There!
Location: Castellar del Vallès, near Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Post by kliis »

polo2k wrote:this is for an A3 but there might be a possibility of it working
http://www.vagparts.com/pages/A3rem.htm

or a better bet might be this http://www.vagparts.com/pages/A2rem.htmas its for an a2 and i beleve theye are on the same platform so the wireing might be similar the cost is £86
But if I understand it well, it open/closes windows/roof putting the key in the lock and holding it, not pressing the remote control.
A friend of mine has an Audi A3 that does this! :cry: I want it!! :evil:
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

no that module interfaces with the comfort system so that when you press the button it has the same effect as if you hold the key in the lock so it is also a keyless entry system which makes it perfect for anyone wanting to delock their doors
dxg

Post by dxg »

I thought those key fobs looked familiar...

In this catalogue:

We find this:

Babelfish translates the text as:

Comfort remote maintenance To the control of the zentralverriegelung. Art. NR. 6Q0 054,640 << don't know if this is the very same part as the one at vagparts, though.

So, looks like Polo2k's suggestion is doable!!

Deek.
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Derek, do you have any bigger/more pics of that accesosry brochure? It'd be good to see what else they offer differently in Germany
dxg

Post by dxg »

I can't take credit for discovering it, I'm afraid:

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... .php?t=267

BTW, you might recognise some of the stuff on pgs 7 and 9 :wink:

Deek.
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Here you have the links to a couple of Polo catalogs in .pdf format.

German one:

http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/prospekte/polo.htm

Italian one:

http://www.volkswagen-italia.com/gamma/ ... t_polo.pdf

I'll add more as I find them.

Hope this helps,
Last edited by Babe RuthLess on Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

the remotes look like the ones supplied with cobra remotes and iirc cobra offer the remote in different finishes like carbon fibre so you might enjoy :D
KarlM

Post by KarlM »

yeah, they offer loads of different finishes, but the most popular are brushed aluminium and carbon, but i think you can only get them on thier own alarms