MeTsU's 9N3 TDi - Sooty from South Africa

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Re: MeTsU's 9N3 TDi - Sooty from South Africa

Post by MeTsU »

So....

*SamStaR* and I made the 1800km odd round trip in Sooty to Cape Town for the U2 concert - what an incredible experience! I saw U2 in 2005, in Poland when they were doing their Vertigo Tour, and that was awesome, but their 360 Tour was the berries! :mrgreen:

The drive to CT went well until we hit roadworks after Mossel Bay, from then on until Swellendam, we battled through rain and incredibly poor roads - it literally looked like they dumped Bitumen on the surface and threw the stone at it, in the hopes it would stick. Naturally, having idiots on our roads, we had people trying to overtake in these conditions. :evil: This resulted in having tar spots on every single body panel and part of Sooty, as well as stone chips in places you would never believe. My OZ's unfortunately also took a serious knock and are now ruined and will have to be refurbed. :cry:

We organised a GTG with the locals, and seeing there had been 18 votes deciding on Table Mountain lower parking lot as the location, we were expecting around 3/4 of that to be able to make it. Well, we couldn't have been more wrong, with around 40 cars and hundreds of people there, it became a Summer Stance fest! :ThumbsUp:

It was great to meet up with all the CT dubbers, thanks to all and to Etienne and Robert for giving me some tips on best practise with my DSLR. :smile: Here are some of the shots captured and thanks to TinTin & Golfer23 for these. I still need to go through all the photos from the trip. :oops:

To Bos, TinTin, Vannieks1 - shot for the awesome continuation of the evening with a great meal! :mrgreen:
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Can I have the part number of your cup edition bumper please :D ??? Do you only need to buy the cup edition bumper or do you need to buy any other parts in order to put the bumper on? Cheers.. Car looks good too 8)
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Post by MeTsU »

MODDED9N wrote:Can I have the part number of your cup edition bumper please :D ??? Do you only need to buy the cup edition bumper or do you need to buy any other parts in order to put the bumper on? Cheers.. Car looks good too 8)
Thanks mate. :)

There's quite a few parts that you will need to get in order to fit the bumper. I would do a little research, pricing and availability before getting too excited. I count myself INCREDIBLY lucky to have been able to get one, as they are not easily available. That and the price will make you do backflips. I would check out this and other threads for more info - http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.p ... pic=158829. There have been a number of threads on this forum alone about the Cup Edition bumpers. :) I hope this helps.
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

That was helpful! Just gave them a ring though and had stock on everything apart from the actually bumper cover! And they had no info about if they could get stock! I have my ways though 8)
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Post by MeTsU »

MODDED9N wrote:That was helpful! Just gave them a ring though and had stock on everything apart from the actually bumper cover! And they had no info about if they could get stock! I have my ways though 8)
8) Yeah, stock is an issue unfortunately.
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Just tracked one down 8) hopefully going to buy it within the next few days! Needs respraying though and it has extensions on either side so will have to unscrew them and fill the holes!
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Post by MeTsU »

MODDED9N wrote:Just tracked one down 8) hopefully going to buy it within the next few days! Needs respraying though and it has extensions on either side so will have to unscrew them and fill the holes!
Nice one mate, should save a few pennies getting it 2nd hand - do you mind me asking how much you found it for?
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Full bumper inc. grilles, etc, = £448- shipped. :twisted:
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Post by MeTsU »

MODDED9N wrote:Full bumper inc. grilles, etc, = £448- shipped. :twisted:
Nice one. 8)
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Can I ask you how much you payed?? :P
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Post by MeTsU »

MODDED9N wrote:Can I ask you how much you payed?? :P
Retail is easily over double that. :evil:

There are no 2nd hand parts available here, of course. VWSA said it's one of four in the country, thankfully we own two of them. :twisted:
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

The cars looking mint. I was gonna suggest on honeycomb lower grille but am sure the new cup bumper will replace that, although a honeycomb front grille would look nice.
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Did well eh! but still needs painting and getting rid of the holes made by the side extensions but it is only 2 small holes either side.
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Turned out the bumper had already been sold and was relisted by accident so when I bought it, I got very excited and then was informed it was no longer available!! SOO ANGRY :(
MeTsU
Bronze Member

Post by MeTsU »

POLOZ wrote:The cars looking mint. I was gonna suggest on honeycomb lower grille but am sure the new cup bumper will replace that, although a honeycomb front grille would look nice.
Thanks mate. Yeah, the front end will look identical to a Cup Edition bar the headlights of course. :)