Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: New BlueGT

Post by alexperkins »

The fiscon basic plus

http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/rn ... p?brand=vw

Is a very good system - had one in my Edition 30 and it worked a treat.
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

Owned the BlueGT for just over a week now, really enjoying it compared to my last car.
Tried an economy run this morning, Average Consumption for the 18 mile journey as I pulled into work car park = 57.1MPG :) This was better than I ever achieved in the C3 diesel on the same run...!
It was hard to resist putting my foot down but I more or less drove nice and easy for 95% of the journey, 2 cylinder mode was on a fair bit. I should be able to do a bit better as I only started the economy run as I hit the motorway and was only averaging about 30mpg when I started.

Already thinking of mods for this car - last car I modded was my old 205GTI back in the early 90's, cars like this BlueGT bring out the old modder in me!

Something like this lot:
Performance: remap/chip + induction/panel filter (loving the engine noise, want it enchanced 'slightly')
Styling: Chrome twin exhaust pipes from GTI, possibly all exterior blue/white or super white bulbs, possibly full LED interior white bulb kit. VW aluminium effect pedal kit + matchign footrest. Bluemotion badge removal (if easy to do)
Entertainment: VW proper bluetooth integrated into RCD510
VCDS: Some of the tweaks look interesting but not sure which ones can be done on the BlueGT, the more responsive brake setting looks good, the dial sweeps, tear wipe, auto lock at 10mph, etc, anyone got a full list of what's possible (or not possible) on the BlueGT...? Is there a thread for VCDS setings?
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

If I can get anywhere above 55mpg I'll be happy, that's my break even figure based on my current cars cost to drive on LPG :) Should manage well enough, I seem to hit the top figures on my car and my wife's car for my work run.
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-combo-modul ... id804.html this is something you could consider for Bluetooth