New BlueGT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
smurftech
New

New BlueGT

Post by smurftech »

Just registered my new BlueGT, arrived today. Very smart car, loving it so far, coming from a 2011 citroen c3 diesel, it's feels like a proper hot hatch!

It has the DAB 510 audio system upgrade and the bluetooth add-in module. Looks a bit crap having that module sat on the dashboard, does the new facelifted model get an upgraded all in one unit?

Only one issue - it's the bluetooth module, as well as looking crap, it restarts every few minutes and when I can get music through it, it sounds terrible compared to DAB/radio/CD etc, as if it's in mono sound! Only had the car a few hours and i've seen the VW logo as it restarts about 20 times so far....annoying! Got to try it with another phone before assuming it's faulty, although my HTC One works fine and sounds fine through bluetooth in other cars...

Pic attached :)

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: New BlueGT

Post by alexperkins »

The music through the bluetooth was never designed to work

In order to get it working one has to plug a 3.5mm jack cable into the bluetooth control module behind the radio, and the other end into the aux socket and put the RCD510 on AUX input

Its a pretty crap design to be fair

The restarting however I have never seen - implies its faulty.
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

Not designed to play audio though the bluetooth system? Eh, can't believe this system is still in use by VW...

So is there any way of upgrading this whole system and removing the awful sat on dashboard add in module with one that plays music from my phone correctly? Maybe the facelifted model has a better all-in-one system?
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

The TPK module has a wire that disappears into the dashboard, maybe this is already hooked into the back of the RCD510? It may be that the unit is faulty as you say, i've checked it again and it randomly restarts whenever my phone is connected - it reconnects to my phone automatically then restarts again a few mins later...

Im also thinking the audio/aux cable may not be fitted correctly, which would explain the poor sound quality over bluetooth through the speakers (although only managed to get sound over bluetooth for ~20 seconds in 2 hours of trying).
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Post by CrypticG »

yeah the new Polo 6C has built in bluetooth, which is integrated in to the head unit, so you don't need the dashboard module. I was in one at the weekend, pretty smart looking inside and good quality sound from the stock system. In my opinion the new one is very good, its the same unit as what is in the MK7 Golf I believe, as long as you don't look at the upgraded Navigation stereo or DNS stereo on the Golf.
Last edited by CrypticG on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

The cable isn't present

Unless it's fitted it just plays mono through the phone wiring
Steve9413
Getting There!
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Post by Steve9413 »

Nice choice :) Can't wait to get mine.
Did you get an Extra's ?
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

I'll be honest, these issues are why I waited a few weeks to order the 2014 model as the audio and blue tooth appear significantly better.
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

So, tried my wifes iphone last night - works fine, didnt restart once, of course the MP3 playback quality is still terrible - definitely mono as someone mentioned. I disconnected the TPK module and the RCD510 said "connected to smurf" (phones name), unfortunately, 2 mins later it said it again...and again...and again, so the RCD510 and my phone don't like each other...

Tested my HTC One with my wifes Kia sportage bluetooth, still works fine....tried with my brothers Audi, works fine...

Some kind of incompatibility going on between my HTC One and the VW bluetooth system...?? Anyone seen this before? I've checked the bluetooth advanced settings on my phone and it's all standard.

Will VW be able to help with this glitch or will they just say change your mobile (not due to upgrade for 6 months)).

Back to the car, great little driver, accelerates like a beast in first and second, however im still used to the C3 diesel 90bhp - which sounds and drives like a tractor in comparison.
Kids are loving it too, they love the colour, one of the nicest blue colours around. It's much cooler than the C3 according to them :)

BlueGT options:

17" Anthracite alloys
Tinited windows (privacy glass)
Centre Armrest
RCD510

Hummed and haa'ed over the xenon lights but didn't want to lose the foglights, and it appears the foglight enclosure also contains always on driving/running lights which I wasn't aware of until I noticed them last night.

All in all, very pleased, getting used to being lower and in a smaller space (the C3 had a full glass roof and was like sitting in a greenhouse - tons of room). Not cramped though, im 6ft 3 and still got headroom space of ~3 inches to spare with seat at it's lowest ofc. Pity steering wheel doesn't go a tiny bit higher but im just being picky now, still miles better to drive than my last car :)
CrypticG
Silver Member

New BlueGT

Post by CrypticG »

Yeah same here and the other additional features you get as standard.. start/stop for example, brake energy recuperation, DAB, cruise control etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

Can't wait myself, lovely car by all accounts, how's the drive? :)
CrypticG
Silver Member

New BlueGT

Post by CrypticG »

Yeah it's a cracking drive and a real high quality finish inside. I only had a 15 minute drive as it was a demo car - mine is due for collection in roughly a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

Done 60 miles now, much nicer to drive and more solid than the old C3, everything feels of a higher quality too, managed 51.7 MPG on the way to work this morning (18 miles mainly motorway - it was at 56MPG when I came off the motorway but the last 2 miles of stop/start traffic brought it down), I wasn't trying to drive economically, dropped my son off at school and showed him some first/second gear acceleration too. This is encouraging because the diesel C3 managed from 48 - 53 average over 3 years.

Been googling my HTC One / RCD510 bluetooth issue and it could be the Beats Audio feature causing the problem I will test this later...

Probably will put my music on a USB stick and use the MDI interface, hopefully it supports 16 or 32GB sticks.
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

Update, turning Beats audio off made no difference, VW bluetooth restarts every few mins with my phone connected - this renders the bluetooth mostly useless atm. Tried restarting my phone 4 or 5 times, no difference.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Is your HTC one on the latest firmware update? If so, what version of Android is it running? Theres known issues with devices running 4.3 and Bury CC9060 kits (the TPK kit is that, but rebranded)