Help Me Choose!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
leonsmith
Bronze Member

Post by leonsmith »

I've just ordered a 1.9 TDi Sport and you get quite a few added extras as standard with the Sport model which you don't get on the SE - multi function computer, cd autochanger, sports suspension, sports seats, leather trim, front fogs are the main ones.

You're best printing out all the equipment sections of the website for the Polo - the links are the small ones on the right hand side after you've selected a car model. It lists every option, which car has them as standard and how much they cost to add - there's about 3 sections - interior/exterior and safety as I recall. Worth a look.

I'm also making the move to diesel (currently driving a Polo 1.6 16v GTi) because of the lower running costs - mpg seems amazing, insurance is generally cheaper and servicing should be too. Lower depreciation on a diesel too.

So i'd go for the 1.4 TDi Sport :wink:
dxg

Post by dxg »

I have the 75hp petrol, and every time I pull away from a junction I wish for more torque - get a diesel!!

I test drove the 1.4 TDI (also 75hp I think) and assumed that the petrol would be the same - doh! :oops:

Also, if you get an SE, then get the sports suspension option - you will need it, unless you plan your own upgrades...

But, Karl, you'll know all this...

Personally, I would go for the £34k R32-engined import job (remember that??) :lol:
silverpolo
Getting There!

Post by silverpolo »

iv got a 1.4 tdi and its good at motorway speed but can run out of go if your out of your power band about 3,000 revs
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I've got one word for you economy.

£28=500 miles - this was on my Sport 100tdi I imagine it'd be even better for the 75 TDI. The FSi also looks a good buy but I'm sure you'd need superunleaded to get the best out of it.
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

To get a significant improvement in fuel economy from the FSI engine you'll need to use petrol with less than 10 ppm (parts per million) sulphur content.

The 50ppm stuff the EU is pushing ahead for 2005 isn't nearly good enough, but the better quality petrols available in the UK should make it below 10ppm - Shell Optimax is one of them I think.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

1.4 PD TDi Sport
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Post by Mikeyw »

Yeah, 1.4 TDi Sport as they reduced the price by 800 pounds for that model. Saw the T.V. advert this morning.
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

Okay, moving towards the TDi now. But whats the engine noise like? my driving instructor had a diesel 306 and i hated the noise that made, are the new engines any quieter?