What adapter do I need to get PS2/DVD through my MFD HU

Discuss In Car Entertainment
tom_mk5
Silver Member

What adapter do I need to get PS2/DVD through my MFD HU

Post by tom_mk5 »

Hiya,

I've got the VW OEM Sat nav headunit in my 2001 Polo, and i'm wondering what adpater it is that I need in order for me to get PS2/DVD hooked up through it?

Has anybody done it? Can you point me in the right direction of what I need to get hold of?

Cheers

Tom
jazzy
Bronze Member

Post by jazzy »

m8 u need a dietz 1212, which is the pal version and has manual tuning.
how u finding the mfd?
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

Thanks mate i'll look it up and see what I can find.:)

The MFD is great, had it in since I bought the car and it's fantastic. Never failed to get me where I want to be or back home and it looks awesome. 8)
Polo-03
Silver Member

Post by Polo-03 »

Only down side is that I dont think it plays when your on the move. This can be easily corrected by cutting the Gala wire :D . If you get a chance post some pics!
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

Lol the reason I want this is so that I can stick a DVD on while i'm on the move. :D
Polo-03
Silver Member

Post by Polo-03 »

Just be careful what you are buying! If you want to watch a dvd while driving you may be best buying an actual car dvd player and not a PS2. The PS2 will jump if you go over bumps on the road as its no designed for that sort of thing where as the car dvd players have anti shock type systems. Also if you want to connect the TV up then you are looking at another couple of hundred quid. You would need the VW Tuner and at that you still wont be able to watch it on the move unless you cut through the Gala wire which will then allow you to watch the TV/DVD on the move but will not give you Nav! :(

Good Luck with it anyway.
jazzy
Bronze Member

Post by jazzy »

polo 03, i take it you have a polo 9n, and you seem to know quiet a bit about vw mfd systems. i have just bought one and was wondering is it juss plug and play with the gala wiring already being in the iso connectors?
Polo-03
Silver Member

Post by Polo-03 »

Depends on what system you have at the moment if you are running a gamma head unit or you have wiring for it then you need to buy a wiring kit/loom for only about £30 I think, This plugs into the gamma wiring and give you all the connectors needed to plug the MFD in. So yeah its basicly a plug and play job. Not too hard. For you to get the nav to work though you will need the airel. You can buy the VW one and change the whole thing on the roof or either just hide one in the dash somewhere should still do the trick. Thought you had bought one jazzy had seen you on the nav forum a few weeks back. If you'v got any probs am sure the guys over ther will help out. Just be careful what you are doing/cutting its an expensive bit of equipment!