How much oil has your polo drank

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
silverpolo
Getting There!

How much oil has your polo drank

Post by silverpolo »

got mine in the last half of 2002 and up to now used 2 one litre bottles of vw oil .

asked the dealer if its normal the first time had to topup as was empty almost

dealer said had a few reports that some vw cars have come into the country with too little oil .
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

if the poblem persists get them to do whats called an, oil consumtion test which is where thay fill the oil to max and tll you not to add any more but to drive a thousand miles and come back
silverpolo
Getting There!

Post by silverpolo »

went in to a vw dealer on the way 2 work not the one i got my car from and asked about how much oil iv just 1 bottle at this time he then pulled out vw club mag or some thing and had a add in saying its normal for the engine to used more .

i said thats for a petrol it says in the mag as it says diesels use less he then just was like oh im right your wrong kinda attitude so i gave up bought later that day
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Mine's also drunk/drank (i need to go back to school :roll:) 2 litres of oil. One was after a 1200 mile trip (400 miles solid, then 400 miles over a week, and then 400 miles solid) when it was only a baby so I put it down to that.

Then had the oil light come on a few months back, and it took nearly another litre. Been alright for the last 15,000 miles though! Including a trip to Sweden and back :)
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

My car's practicaly an alchoholic :oops: