For those with Climatic

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

For those with Climatic

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

OK, how does the Climatic system really work.

I generally leave my temp dial at 21 degrees with the fan speed at 0. Think I'm right in saying that it maintains this temperature for you.

I only use the blower if I'm clearing the screen or if it mists up inside. I have never pressed the a/c button, not had the need to, so if the car maintains the temp you set regardless of blower speed or even if the a/c button is switched on, then whats the point of the a/c button.

The owners manual is not very clear, the Climatronic system however is explained in detail.

:?:
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Right, First of all, do you have Climatronic (ie, a digital display with temperature etc...) OR do you have 2 knobs and an A/C switch? (ie one knob for fan speed and one knob for temperature?)

If you have climatronic, just hit the AUTO button, and then set the temperature (between 18C and 29C) this will then sort you out. LOW should only be used when it is proper hot outside and HIGH to defrost your windows!

If you don't have climatronic, hit the A/C button and set to the desired temperature, then put the fan speed to Auto.

I think that's how it works...

Basically, Climatronic is the top of the range Climate Control, Air conditioning is Air conditioning and heating is heating :wink:

Hope that helps?!
tdisport
Getting There!

Climatic

Post by tdisport »

From what i can gather its a semi-auto climate control.

You have to control the fan speed and direction of airflow but the temp is automatically controlled.

i suppose you can set temp and fan speed and then press a/c and it will stay at that temp and compressor will cut in and out where necessary to maintain temp. i also noticed that if you set to max cold or hot the a/c compressor stays on permanently for max output.

PS. I read somewhere that you have to use the a/c on max temp (hot) and full fan for at least 10 mins a month to stop bacteria growing inside and for the coolant in a/c to circulate properly.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I'm going to try the 10 minute on hot thing, don't want any bacteria!