whats faster??

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
satin gti
Getting There!

whats faster??

Post by satin gti »

polo gti or gt ?? wots the bhp of a gt and o-60 time?? i have a gti 138bhp standerd. would like to know if i could beat the gt in a race n by how much!! :lol:
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: whats faster??

Post by carmadaaron »

john wilson wrote:polo gti or gt ?? wots the bhp of a gt and o-60 time?? i have a gti 138bhp standerd. would like to know if i could beat the gt in a race n by how much!! :lol:
GT is rated 130bhp by VW, could be underestimated like the 1.4 TDI 75bhp, which actually has 91bhp.

close 1 i rekon, GT will prob be faster mid range, due to more torque.
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

As carmadaaron says, it is a 130bhp according VW stats, but then they say the 0-60 is 9.5(or maybe 9.6)secs.
I timed my 0-60 at 8.1 secs a few weeks ago, but that was just with my mate and the stop watch on his phone. I should be able to give you a more accurate time after I take it down the Sprint Track at GTI Internation next month 8)
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

The GT should have 145bhp as standard.

That's what all the PD130 Ibizas, Golfs, Fabias, Octavias, etc etc are putting out on rolling roads.
gordysmit
New

Post by gordysmit »

GT more than likey as well you can revo it to about 180 ish
dougmac
New

Post by dougmac »

Gra-GT wrote:As carmadaaron says, it is a 130bhp according VW stats, but then they say the 0-60 is 9.5(or maybe 9.6)secs.
I timed my 0-60 at 8.1 secs a few weeks ago, but that was just with my mate and the stop watch on his phone. I should be able to give you a more accurate time after I take it down the Sprint Track at GTI Internation next month 8)
8.1 seconds is a good time. What is the best way to drive it to get it down to that time.

I have had mine just over a month so have been taking it easy but would
like to know what's the best way to drive it to get the best out of it. I have been driving for some time but this is my first diesel.
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

Well as you've probably found its very hard to floor it in 1st gear as you just spin if its even only slightly damp, You just have to lightly and slowly press the accelerator. This time is going to be a little inaccurate as it was just my mate with a stopwatch. I have done nearly 7000 miles now though so it is pretty run in.

This is my 1st diesel aswel so it took some getting used to
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

Gra-GT wrote:Well as you've probably found its very hard to floor it in 1st gear as you just spin if its even only slightly damp, You just have to lightly and slowly press the accelerator. This time is going to be a little inaccurate as it was just my mate with a stopwatch. I have done nearly 7000 miles now though so it is pretty run in.

This is my 1st diesel aswel so it took some getting used to
would with traction control give a better timing then?
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Every standard PD130 I've seen run on JBS's rollers has produced pretty much bang on 130bhp.

Get some code on it and you'll be laughing!!!

Between 165 and 185bhp and oodles of torque 8)

Traction control is rubbish anyway, so don't worry too much about not having it... Just take care on wet twisty b-roads!

My G-Tech Performance Meter gave me 6.9 to 60 when I tried it last...

40-70 in 3rd is 5 seconds.

60-100 is roughly 11 seconds (on an airfield).

I have 184bhp and 288lbft (flat torque with none of the peak torque that PD's normally have)... Thanks to JBS!
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

carmadaaron wrote:would with traction control give a better timing then?
Dont think so, my mates got the same engine in his Bora WITH traction control and he says it still spins off the start when wet sometimes. Think the traction controls just helps going round tight corners too fast 8)

I was going to get ESP with mine but it meant waiting too long for it to be built!! :twisted:
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

Gra-GT wrote:
I doubt it! :twisted:
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

Well it happened. Ask jrw, he's the one that did the timing (He spends more time on ukmkivs since he got a bora though)
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

It did and is probably quicker than that! :lol:

I do pop here occasionally for an update!!
Peebo
Bronze Member

Post by Peebo »

JESUS CHRIST I want one of these cars!!! :(
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Did anyone think of putting a GTI and a GT down the 1/4 mile at Inters? That would have been an ingenious thing to do. Both being standard to make it fair.

If i'd have thought of this before hand i'd have offered a GTI. I'd have found it a good excuse to do the 1/4.

Never mind, if anyone wants to at some point i'd be up for it though. Only on a legal strip though! :wink: