Parts Request

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
pp22
New

Parts Request

Post by pp22 »

I know this doesn't really belong here, but people on the 'for sale' section don't really know about Mark 1's.

I need a nearside front wing and window mechanism for a 1978 Polo. Can anyone help me?
VF_Marshall
Getting There!

Post by VF_Marshall »

Hi, my local car panel suppliers have been able to supply me with loads of pattern parts for the Polo 1. I reckon they will still be able to get pattern wings new, so if your interested, i can call then on your behalf if you like. The pattern panels fit reasonably well, as long as you are willing to be careful to line them up.

Cheers
audi50
New

Polo1 parts& help

Post by audi50 »

[/b] If you need help with the MK1 or u don't get rare spare parts, try to contact me. Try to help from Germany. My name is Mike, webmaster of www.audi50.com, the forerunner of the MK1.

Best gegards

Mike
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Hey Mike,

Welcome!

Although there aren't many Mk1's/Audi 50's left, we love 'em to bits.

8)
Baldrimmer
New

Post by Baldrimmer »

Look a German guy I know ..

* waves from Holland *

Vic : lost ur mail after I read it ..
Mail me again .
The answer was : re chrome the bugger for 120 quid .
U wont find a cheaper one easier .
Have body parts for sale specific from the Derby coz mine is sold ....
Stu
Getting There!

Re: Polo1 parts& help

Post by Stu »

audi50 wrote:[/b] If you need help with the MK1 or u don't get rare spare parts, try to contact me. Try to help from Germany. My name is Mike, webmaster of www.audi50.com, the forerunner of the MK1.

Best gegards

Mike
Hi Mike! :D
I'm after a pair of chrome wing mirrors for my 1980 Polo Mk1 GLS - have you seen any about? They are hard to get over here!

Vic - couldn't get the ones you saw on ebay, the seller didn't email me back! :? Might settle for a new plastic one for the drivers side from euro parts.
audi50
New

Re: Polo1 parts& help

Post by audi50 »

Mike[/quote]
Hi Mike! :D
I'm after a pair of chrome wing mirrors for my 1980 Polo Mk1 GLS - have you seen any about? They are hard to get over here!

Vic - couldn't get the ones you saw on ebay, the seller didn't email me back! :? Might settle for a new plastic one for the drivers side from euro parts.[/quote]

Just smiling.....

normally there was every time a black wing mirror mounted. I had an idea in the 90 s to make a chrome mirror.

The early Audi 50 from 8.74 up to 4.75 had got mirror feet made out of aluminium and zinc. VW and Audi did spraypaint them in silver and some in black.
Aluminium was "oxidating? ( hope the right subscription) so u could not longer move the mirror on the feet. VW and Audi changes the production to plastic.

My idea: Take an aluminium feet, polisg it, them chromplating. Upper part with mirror taken from an audi 80 of 76. It looks so cool. Sold the pair of mirrors in 2001 to a guy wo piad nealry 500 EUROS. He was really crazy. I saw a lot of copies, but never so close to the "original" as my pair.....

No one in Germany will sell alu feets. But, why don't u spraypaint the feet (plastik) in silver an I will help u to get the Passat oder audi 80 upper part ?

Mike
[/b]
audi50
New

Mr. Geeeeeert....

Post by audi50 »

Baldrimmer wrote:Look a German guy I know ..

* waves from Holland *

Vic : lost ur mail after I read it ..
Mail me again .
The answer was : re chrome the bugger for 120 quid .
U wont find a cheaper one easier .
Have body parts for sale specific from the Derby coz mine is sold ....
Big greetings from mr mad group H mike. Wan't me to put u'r parts on the www.audi50.com SALES ?

Gimme an mail or call.

Mike ( think the Group H MK 1 will be finished beg. 2004
Baldrimmer
New

Post by Baldrimmer »

Aloha Fraulein Mike

Tried to call u 2 times but at home nobody answered the phone ...

Will mail the parts with the prices .
RetroChrome
New

Post by RetroChrome »

Specifically to our foreign friends i.e Mike and Baldrimmer do you have any information on the German Audi 50 grey/silver, tramont wheels number plate: SHG TW10 - i think it won best in show at VW Mania, or any inks to more pictures of it?

Regards.
Baldrimmer
New

Post by Baldrimmer »

Mike knows the german guy better then me .
That car has been several colors since I saw it the first time 3 years ago :)
audi50
New

SHG MK 1

Post by audi50 »

RetroChrome wrote:Specifically to our foreign friends i.e Mike and Baldrimmer do you have any information on the German Audi 50 grey/silver, tramont wheels number plate: SHG TW10 - i think it won best in show at VW Mania, or any inks to more pictures of it?

Regards.
Know him since years. He `s also sometimes with our Audi 50 IG. Will ask him fpor more pics. He's not participating on many meetings cause his wife got a baby.

Keep on smiling.....3 Couples of the Audi 50 IG got a baby.....all 3 a girl....all 3 with the same name.....LEONIE.....without talking together....

Nice agreement in our Club......
audi50
New

Reaching me ?

Post by audi50 »

Baldrimmer wrote:Aloha Fraulein Mike

Tried to call u 2 times but at home nobody answered the phone ...

Will mail the parts with the prices .
So Miss Gerty,

why don't u send a mail ? A lot to do ( On Monday again at Wolfgangs to finish the alu frame of the MK 1)
RetroChrome
New

Post by RetroChrome »

SHG TW10 - do you know what engine the cars running?
audi50
New

Engine is....

Post by audi50 »

RetroChrome wrote:SHG TW10 - do you know what engine the cars running?
Yea, know the engine. Thomas got it new. It is a 1,4 L(1400 ccm), 101 PS engine of the 16Valve Polo ( Modell 6NF).

I will take the same block for my projekt just new pistons and "drilling-opening" it to 1600 ccm.

Bought a racing ignition from Haltech. Its a big difference to the weber carburateurs.

Mike