Views on the mk 3.5 Golf Cabriolet?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
_veedub_
New

Views on the mk 3.5 Golf Cabriolet?

Post by _veedub_ »

Anyone got any views or info on the golf cabriolet?

Any links to body styling / interior styling? :lol:

Anyone own one and have pics?

I havent seen a kitted up one before so any help would be greatly appriciated!
_veedub_
New

Post by _veedub_ »

Oh some pics would be great!!! :wink:

metz

Post by metz »

I think they look quite smart (not as nice as mk1 though) but don't buy a 1.6..guy who raced me looked very disapointed the other week 8)
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

*snortle*

^^^^actually did that

oh, ouch..... I think i tore my uvula.... folks, dont do it ok, just dont do it.

keep it safe, keep it LOL :lol:

PS .... mk 3.5?

PPS I suppose a golf cabby 1.6 probably has a similar power to weight as the ashtray does, and i wouldnt want a head to head with a GT :) but then, that's what a bit of knowledge does to you.
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Check this out, I've always been keen on the Mk3.5 Cabbys...especially in this guise!

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/cab-s3.htm

he he he!
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

my m8 used 2 own a mk2 cabby, it was white with 16" polished Porsche wheels, dam its sexy! :D

a guy who lives the nxt street up frm me has got it now, he only jst brought it out of hybernation (sp?)
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

robz wrote:my m8 used 2 own a mk2 cabby, it was white with 16" polished Porsche wheels, dam its sexy! :D
Mk2? they never made a mk2 golf cabriolet :!:

They only made a mk1, then updated the bumpers and arches slightly with a clipper kit. the next one made was a mk3 :)

Theres a nice mark 3 with later mk3.5 spec bits fitted on the club gti forum. Currently having a vr6 fitted! :shock:
engine shot
http://www.gti-online.pwp.blueyonder.co ... age012.jpg

change image numbers from 1 to 11 for other pics :wink:
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

Mk2? they never made a mk2 golf cabriolet
i stand corrected m8, mst b a mk1! :oops:
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

i bet the hood leaks

(my mate sold his 306 convertable despite it being a mint car, cos every time it rained, it poured)
jazzy
Bronze Member

Post by jazzy »

m8, i just got a mk 3.5 golf cabby as a side project, tbh i dont really think much of it, apart from the 16 bbs rx wheels that it comes with which are standard with the avantgarde models. been looking around for mods but they are very much hard to come by. even though the front end looks like a mk 4 golf, it is slightly smaller, so u cant just put a mk 4 front bumper on. however the back and sides are the same as a mk 3 golf so a mk 3 rear bumper and side skirts would fit fine. reiger do a front spoiler, like the one i have on my polo 9n.
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

jazzy wrote:. even though the front end looks like a mk 4 golf, it is slightly smaller, so u cant just put a mk 4 front bumper on.
Are you sure its not the same size as the front on a mk3 golf? i've seen people using mk3.5 cabriolet fronts on mk3's, and thought they were a straight swop?

Pettsy