Seat cupra pd160 intake for 9N

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
jtstatic
New

Seat cupra pd160 intake for 9N

Post by jtstatic »

Briskoda have some useful info that should relate to polo as well (after all it's the same platform/engine). Just noticed this:

http://www.briskoda.net/cms/BRISKODA_Te ... nlet_pipe/

Anyone tried yet? should fit all 9N TDI's.. Should be very easy to install as it fits to original connections.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I have one on my Fabia vRS alongside a Green Cotton Panel Filter.
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

I should've started selling the part numbers for this mod, for I started it! :D

Or, I should be on commission from SEAT.
DAZZA_TDI
Silver Member

Post by DAZZA_TDI »

I bought the cupra inlet pipe at the w/k for my 1.9 sport and it does make a good difference from standard and works well with the fast flow k&n filter i fitted thanx for the info
Cheers Dazza
kash
New

Post by kash »

This mod sounds good, im thinking about combining it with a drop in sports filter for my 1.9 TDi PD100. anybody got any rough figures on performance increaces? any comments would be usefull.
DAZZA_TDI
Silver Member

Post by DAZZA_TDI »

I don`t know how much more bhp it gives kash you`d probably need to do rolling rd b4 and after to see, but i`ve got the same engine as you and there is a significant increase, the width of the new pipe is nearly double and with a fast flow airfilter it makes it breath a helluva lot easier
Cheers Dazza
kash
New

Post by kash »

so you would say it was definatly worth it? do yoy get any increace in mpg?
DAZZA_TDI
Silver Member

Post by DAZZA_TDI »

Yes kash IMO i would say it`s worth it, dunno about the mpg not noticed any difference, cost me 25 for the cupra pipe from seat and 33 for the k&n fast flow but that was me getting a discount as i work for a parts company :) :)
Dazza
kash
New

Post by kash »

sorry for all the questions, but which one do you think makes the most difference, the bigger pipes or the filter?
DAZZA_TDI
Silver Member

Post by DAZZA_TDI »

I don`t know kash i fitted them at the same time, IMO it would be the pipe as the diameter is a lot bigger than the standard one but couldn`t say for sure :roll:
Dazza
kash
New

Post by kash »

I fitted the new parts today and it does make a good difference, especially when the turbo kicks in. I should be getting my Green cotton filter in a couple of days, I will let you know which one makes more difference.
jtstatic
New

Post by jtstatic »

I think the mods compliment each other. I believe I noticed more improvement with the panel filter than the pipe. But it's definitely good to have esp. if planning to chip the car or adding powerbox.
kash
New

Post by kash »

Fitted the panel filter and its all good! Better accelleration, smoother cruising and better mpg! cant go wrong!
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

I also have tdi 100 and have fitted both the cupra air intake and a k&n fast flow filter, cars pulls alot harder now, fantastic gains for £70!
Andrew B
Getting There!

Post by Andrew B »

Looked into getting those two parts to direct air onto my K&N, they are not UK part nos the numbers are the same but UK parts are avable in a or b version, the prefix letters are different though, plus, had a look at the VRs they had in stock 05 model and it had the small intake and pipe!!!! as shown on left of the above pic of the parts.
Of course the reason for this I have just realised is I went to the Skoda garage, didn't realise they were talking about the Seat cupra :oops: