Interesting Fault with my electric front windows

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Interesting Fault with my electric front windows

Post by SiDaBa »

Well it happened once before and i though it was just me coz i was tired and when i'd taken the key out of the ignition and put it back in they worked fine!! The problem?? Well.....

When you press the right buttonof the electric windows the drivers should go down...right!?! well last night NOPE decided to do the passenger one and obviously the passenger button (on the drivers door) did mine the drivers window, played with the windows for a bit didn't change so when i got home i switched the engine off took the key out then put it back in and turned the key and HEY the buttons were back to normal!! :? Just wondered whether anyone else has had this interesting problem.

Today it also seemed a lil unhappy like it does from time to time and it's performance was a bit poor :(.........i'm starting to wonder if i'm dealing with a descendent from Herby??
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Hmmm.

Dubs. My car has its unhappy moments too, although lately it's been running very well. Just goes with the character I guess.

Also, if I lower the passenger side window, my radio tends to cut out for a short while.

:roll:
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Lol is there a bit of Herby in every Dub?
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

I'm sure I remember reading something else about that, how odd :?
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Yep, I've had this on my car once before, just after I washed it. It's never happened again so I attributed it to me getting something wet.

Stupid VW electrics :?

I also changed the Gamma for a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB52, if I remove the face-off panel whilst it is still playing the next time I start the car (without putting the panel back on) the radio comes on - now that is freaky.

Stupid Blaupunkt electrics :?
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

I never bothered to mention this before because I didn't want to make a topic just or it. But I've had another problem, apparently its pretty commmon on VW's.

Nearly every time I'm doing my window up and I hit a mini-roundabout or speed bump the window will get confused and go back down :? Once it went half way up, 3/4 down and fully up again.

Wierd
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

lol @ Nelson

:lol:
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

Maybe it's something to do with the comfort close system?
dxg

Post by dxg »

I never bothered to mention this before because I didn't want to make a topic just or it. But I've had another problem, apparently its pretty commmon on VW's.

Nearly every time I'm doing my window up and I hit a mini-roundabout or speed bump the window will get confused and go back down Once it went half way up, 3/4 down and fully up again.
I get a variation of this. If I hit a speed bump with a window in the process of going either up or down, it stops. Then, from that point on and until the ignition is turned off and on again, the "one-touch" feature is disabled.

Now, I just avoid using the windows when going over speed bumps.

(Something else that fits into the "turn the stereo up so you can't hear the rattles category")

Deek.
delipolo16v
New

Post by delipolo16v »

I have got a vw video about how to fix this on mk4's it's all in german though so i don't understand a word about it!
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Also another question now i've thought of it, with the electric mirrors does the passenger side move when u move the drivers side one?? Coz mine does and i swear when i first got the car it didn't :?
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

That mirror thang is a standard feature. Useful and annoying at the same time :shock:
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

That sounds odd... :?:

You might not want to move the other side! :roll:
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Lol so it's one of those things that i didn't realise was there straight away!! :oops:

Never see the point really doesn't tend to get the position of the other one right if i move the other....if that makes sense :?
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

I'm sure mine doesn't! But Im going to have to check now :roll: