What you all doing to cool down?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Scorpio1
Gold Member

What you all doing to cool down?

Post by Scorpio1 »

Is this the hottest night EVER, or what? :shock:

Everything in my room is literally hot to touch, almost as if everything is heated. I've obviously tried opening windows and putting fans on, but it doesn't do anything as there is NO breeze!!

I WAS spraying water from a bottle I bought at a local shop and worked ok, but it broke and now I'm suffering with the hot air.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the summer, but just wish it would cool down a bit at night!
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

I know what you mean, do you think I actually choose to be up at 2.30am?

Keep looking at my keys...wanting to take my baby out for a spin but worried will wake the neighbours...plus there is air-con in the motor so it will be cool there...hmmmm....theres a thought...I'm off to make myself comfortable in the car...goodnight! heh heh!
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Tell me about it, I slept in the living room with the patio doors open. Wish I had a/c at home.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

ive given up so im sitting here stuck to me leather arm chair (where are me slippers?) and just to make sure i dont catch a cold ive got my computer running 24/7 with 2 moniters. seriously thou the best thing you can do is drink liquids that are just above freezing as it cools the centre of your body down but sip at it rather than gulp so you dont get a cold shock. another little trick is to place ice cubes (or even better dry ice) behind your fans to cool the air. and a last tip is to run your wrists under cold water for about 5 min each as all the blood in your body goes through your wrists so if you can cool your blood then you are coolng your whole body.
in reference to getting in a cool car, the oter day i had a customers car which was black on black with a black leather interior that he had parked in the sun for about 4 hours (ext temp that day aroung 41-42) when i got in i nearly fainted, i also saw a little thermo meter which said 65!!!! i had to drive it into the garage with the dorr and all windows down while burning my butt on the seat
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

Some good ideas there Ash!

I must have just rung every shop in the UK and NONE have any big fans, air con units or cooling things at all!!

At this rate I will be getting a tan inside the house!
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Yep last night was the hottest night EVER!!

To stay cool I drive round all day with the AC on, and at night, I suffer :evil:

Oh yeh I agree with Ash about running cold water over your wrists, cools you right down for 5 minutes!!!
jazzypolo
Bronze Member
Location: Burwash, East Sussex. Nice Little Village, Miles from Anywhere.

Post by jazzypolo »

Just got back from the coast where I've been sitting in the shade for most of the time. No breeze there either

It was good to cool off in the sea though.

Best part of the day was the drive home !!!!!!!!!!

Air Con on full blast :lol:

What we need are those water cooled suits the McLaren F1 Pit Crew wear.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Well last night I stayed at a mates house and she warned me that her spare room was like an oven all year round... Great :roll:

I was SO hot... had the window open and just lay on top of the duvet... I think the word "minging" would be a good description of me this morning.

One cool shower then a drive home with my Climatronic on "LO" and Max Fanspeed sorted me out...

Although I've just been for a walk by the reservoir, so I'm pretty sweaty again :(
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

i took a cold shower and just jumped bed without getting dry, worked for the first 2 hours then i started sweating like a bar steward!

looks like the same again tonight :roll:
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

It rained!!! There is actually a breeze now and it feels fresher.

Don't know why I'm moaning though, come the icy nights I'll be wanting summer 2004!

But hey, VW gave us air con and the winter pack, so it's all good! :lol:
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

And to think that you guys pay literally thousands to come over to my part of the world to feel just that... ;)
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Post by Mikeyw »

If you want Aircon, open the fridge door. 8)
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

That is one heavy thing to carry up and down the stairs! :lol:
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Post by Mikeyw »

Scorpio1 wrote:That is one heavy thing to carry up and down the stairs! :lol:
So, you don't have a fridge in your bedroon then?! :P 8)
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

I was thinking about buying a small one, but then I saw an air con unit for £200 or so, but they were both sold out, and I mean everywhere!

I'll have to buy one in the winter for next summer, hope it's going to be another hot one :)