Club Polo Club Meeting/Rolling Road Day

Organise Meetings and Events!
Steve M
New

Club Polo Club Meeting/Rolling Road Day

Post by Steve M »

For all those interested that haven't seen yet!

We have sorted out a club meeting combined with a rolling road day for Saturday 25th January 2003.

We're hoping that we'll get a good turn out which will be a good opportunity for you to meet some new members, put faces to the names on forums, see some of their cars, see some mates you haven't for a while and, if you want, run your car on the rolling road.

The venue chosen is Wilcox Engines in Hinckley, Leicestershire, mainly because of their central location, rolling road and large car park across the road (I'm told). See their website http://www.wilcoxengines.demon.co.uk for more information on where they are, what they do and the facilities.

They will be able to get about 20 cars through the rolling road during the course of the day (at a cost of £20 a run, not bad as they are normally over £40) and they have set a few rules in terms of being able to strap the cars down adequately (front towing eyes required, massive body kits mustn't get in the way etc.) and they won't allow people to stand too close to the cars when they are running them on the road - simple safety considerations really - but bear them in mind to avoid disappointment if you have something weird and wonderful.

So, if you fancy putting some light into the long winter, meeting some other members and maybe seeing how much power you're packing then please come along.

I shall give out some more information on timing/location slightly closer to the time but if you are interested in coming just drop me a quick line (stephen.millo@stasys.co.uk) letting me know so I can get an idea of numbers.

Hope to see you there,

Steve
blackpologti
Bronze Member

Post by blackpologti »

is it open to any1???? wanna come along if my car is back from vw.
Steve M
New

Post by Steve M »

Everyone and anyone - all are welcome.

Must be in the club to have a chance of running on the road but you can join on the day if you want.

If you don't want to join and don't want to run on the Road - come anyway, it's looking like there will be a good turn out!!
blackpologti
Bronze Member

Post by blackpologti »

wanna run the car :( how much to join the club anyways?
Tas