i got caught!!!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
GMANGTI
Getting There!

i got caught!!!

Post by GMANGTI »

ive gota go to worcester magistrates court for doin 104/5mph on a 70mph dual carriageway at 10.30 at nite, this is my first offence and i am allowed up to 12points. what do u think will happen to me??? :( :( :( :cry:
Silva_B!tch_Owner
Bronze Member

Post by Silva_B!tch_Owner »

:shock: make you stand in the corner and regret what u done?

probably some points and a fine
GMANGTI
Getting There!

Post by GMANGTI »

lol,thankyou
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

I'd have thought it wouldn't just be your £60 fine and 3 points though if you have to go to magistrates court.

May give you a bigger fine?
GaryUK
Gold Member

Post by GaryUK »

I'm sorry to say anything over 100 and the court takes a dim view!

Your looking at 6 points and probably a ban or at best a fine.

Useful site you might want to check out. http://www.pepipoo.com/

Good luck!
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

http://pepipoo.com/Magistrates_guidelines.htm Look at the table, doesn't look too promising.
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Yeh i think you could be looking @ 6 points and a 6 month ban here... sorry to say. Calvin on here got done doing a similar speed and got banned for 6 months :(

EDIT:

Just spoken to my dad, he said that its definatly at least a month ban for that along with 6 points and a fine. Maybe 6 months ban depending on the situation surrounding the speeding offence. Like if you do 70 in a 30 with kids about they will throw the book at you but if you get done late at night on a motorway its not as dodgy. If you get what i mean...
GMANGTI
Getting There!

Post by GMANGTI »

cheers for ur help guys,i'l let u know wot happens!
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

My dad got done doing 99mph in a 70... lucky git :D. I know quite alot abou this because he has 9 points and so had been to court a few times :twisted:
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Yeah, I think anything over a tonne will incur a ban, points and a fine unless you can ask the judge to take into consideration that you require your car for work...if you do need the car for work...meaning that you rely on your car to earn your living...good luck and just be apologetic...
Blackie
New

Post by Blackie »

my boss got banned for 41 days for doing a similar speed and a mate got let off with 6 points and a £200 fine for doin 105 on a dual carridgeway. pretty much depends on the judges mood really
capnahab
New

Post by capnahab »

About two months ago my mate was caught doing 120 in his Renault Megane down the M4 in South Wales. It was night, he got pulled by the law and they gave him a good ticking off, £60 and three points there and then, or he could go to court and argue his case. He took the fine and points.

He was lucky that he did get pulled as if he went to court he probably would have got some sort of ban.
CalvinGTI
Sponsor

Post by CalvinGTI »

Oooooooooooooh 105 in a 70mph

Tsch Tsch Tsch

Id say considering the time (10:30pm ISNT that late in the courts eyes, im afraid) your looking at at least a months ban as well as a couple of hundred quid fine, possibly more :(

i got done for doing 120mph in a 70 on A127 and i got a 6 month ban, but then got it reduced to 3 months cos my work sent court a letter saying that i need licence for my job BUT they increased the fine to £300 !!!!

Maybe you could do this too? have a printed and signed letter from your place of work, explainging that if you cant drive your cant complete your job properly and the company will incur heavy costs.

Always worth a try mate !!

Failing that, say you had the ebola virus and was rushing to hospital !!!

:)

Cal
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

CalvinGTI wrote: Failing that, say you had the ebola virus and was rushing to hospital !!!

:)

Cal
:lol: :lol:
GMANGTI
Getting There!

Post by GMANGTI »

hey all jst thort id let you know i got off with 5 points and £200 fine! amazin what a great smile can do :lol: