coil over buyers beware!

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
chubbster
Silver Member

coil over buyers beware!

Post by chubbster »

i bought a set of patec fully ajustable coilovers for a golf about a year and 3/4 ago. wot a brilliant set of coils i thought. the handling was fantastic coupled with sticky tyres and poly bushes. after leaving the golf 4 a service when i went on holiday to rhodes i come back to find the shocks on the rear were buggered. i phone patec and they wont do anything. dodgy gear maybe, i dont know, it felt good when it worked but 1 thing that stands out is the poor customer service i recieved. true i had hassle with the company that sold me them closing down, but surely to keep relations to the UK good they would help me (they are tryin to break the UK market for VAG susp kits).

my advice to all u buyers of coils or other mods is to buy from well established firms to stop urself gettin ripped off. because of this, a car of mine is dead!

DONT BUY PATEC COILS COS SERVICE IS s**t AND THEY COULD BE THE DODJYIEST BIT OF KIT UVE EVER BOUGHT, 2 YEARS LIFE OUT OF SHOCKS!!! WOT A JOKE

:evil:

maybe biased ur welcome to try but; BEWARNED :twisted:
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

I know Avo coils wont last longer than a year without a service (cleaning threads, replacing gaskets etc..)

perhaps if the coils had been serviced they may have lasted longer?
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

i had no idea coils needed servicing, perhaps it was my fault then. :oops:
but all the same GGGGRRR...AAARRRGGGHHH! the BAST...

u know the rest!