Alarm help

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
MR_TOAD
New

Alarm help

Post by MR_TOAD »

Hi just dropping in i like all the forums
I am an Alarm fitter in West Yorkshire and if you have any queries regarding alarms then drop me a line and i shall try and help

Regards Ian
JWC
Gold Member

Re: Alarm help

Post by JWC »

MR_TOAD wrote:Hi just dropping in i like all the forums
I am an Alarm fitter in West Yorkshire and if you have any queries regarding alarms then drop me a line and i shall try and help

Regards Ian
Yes, where can I get switched positive, and door contact from in the MkV and what colors are the wires?
MR_TOAD
New

Re: Alarm help

Post by MR_TOAD »

JWC wrote:
MR_TOAD wrote:Hi just dropping in i like all the forums

Regards Ian
Yes, where can I get switched positive, and door contact from in the MkV and what colors are the wires?
Switched positive at loom from ignition to fusebox black wire
door BROWN/WHITE WIRE IN 3 WAY MULTIPLUG AT REAR OF O/S/F KICKTRIM
JWC
Gold Member

Post by JWC »

Cool, I built a delayed interior light that fades out, and comes on when you unlock the car and take your key out of the ignition etc.

That reminds me, where is the unlock pulse? or a suitable pulse I could use?

Thanks.
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

JWC wrote:Cool, I built a delayed interior light that fades out, and comes on when you unlock the car and take your key out of the ignition etc.

That reminds me, where is the unlock pulse? or a suitable pulse I could use?

Thanks.
Unlock wire YELLOW/WHITE WIRE IN N/S SILL TRIM OR WHITE/GREEN O/S KICKWELL
JWC
Gold Member

Post by JWC »

Do you have a knack for removing the sill trim?
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

JWC wrote:Do you have a knack for removing the sill trim?
Gentle force :twisted:
JWC
Gold Member

Post by JWC »

Ok, bascially, you now got me enthused enough to fit my PCB.

It has the following connections.

Battery +VE
Switched Live
Door Switch
Central Locking (unlock)
Open Collector Interior Light Output.
and Ground.

Basically the ground (door switch) from the interior light is driven from this PCB, and it fades it out, and fades in when the doors are unlocked i.e. when you walk up to it, and when you turn off the ignition.

Its not quite the same as you would fit, but I think I can fit it behind the dash in the drivers side. Could you post briefly where you would get these feeds from, and I basically need to cut the feed to the light and this fits in between it. I was just a bit confused because I wanted it to work with both doors, but not affect the lights-on alarm.

Thanks greatly.
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

Battery +VE loom from ignition

Switched Live loom from ignition

Door Switch 3way connector as described before

Central Locking (unlock)Unlock wire YELLOW/WHITE WIRE IN N/S SILL TRIM OR WHITE/GREEN O/S KICKWELL

Open Collector Interior Light Output. not sure what your after

and Ground. any earth or drill and screw

Ian [/u][/b]
Noddy
Bronze Member

Post by Noddy »

Hello Mr Toad,

my sister lives in the Hyde Park area of Leeds and I need to give her a lift back down there next weekend (19th Nov) and was wondering if I could pay you a visit to get my car alarm and central locking assessed?

Im driving a 1997 Polo 6N which has currently got central locking and a crappy alarm but i'd like to upgrade to remote central locking and a better quality alarm.

Would it be possible for me to come to you (or you to me) and if so, how long do you think it would take to fit the A101CL listed on your website?

Cheers, Noddy
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

hi ian, i'm hoping you can give me some help -

i have a pcb from an american company that emables my remote alarm/central locking to shut/open the windows and sunroof, but i need to know what coloured wires i need to connect to, i need to make seven connections behind the trim in the drivers door, these are

1) rolldown control

2) lock sense

3) ground

4) rollup control/key sense

5) +12v

6) alarm led sense

7) unlock sense

i have a 2001 polo gti by the way,

thanks very much
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

nickpolo wrote:hi ian, i'm hoping you can give me some help -

i have a pcb from an american company that emables my remote alarm/central locking to shut/open the windows and sunroof, but i need to know what coloured wires i need to connect to, i need to make seven connections behind the trim in the drivers door, these are

1) rolldown control

2) lock sense

3) ground

4) rollup control/key sense

5) +12v

6) alarm led sense

7) unlock sense

i have a 2001 polo gti by the way,

thanks very much
PM SENT
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

Noddy wrote:Hello Mr Toad,

my sister lives in the Hyde Park area of Leeds and I need to give her a lift back down there next weekend (19th Nov) and was wondering if I could pay you a visit to get my car alarm and central locking assessed?

Im driving a 1997 Polo 6N which has currently got central locking and a crappy alarm but i'd like to upgrade to remote central locking and a better quality alarm.

Would it be possible for me to come to you (or you to me) and if so, how long do you think it would take to fit the A101CL listed on your website?

Cheers, Noddy
Your looking about 1.5 to 2 hours tops you can come to me if weather is bad im sure i can sort something out.

Let me know

Regards Ian
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

Hi, Ian

I drive a MkIV 1.3CL. It's got a volkswagen remote central locking / alarm system and the immobiliser. I'm living away from home and the battery has run flat. My brother has taken the battery out of the car to recharge it, but i'm concerned about the alarm and immobiliser systems being set off when we plug the battery back in....

can you tell me whether it will set the alarm or immobiliser off, and is there any way to avoid problems? i'm not really sure what i'm doing with electronics!

many thanks
anthony
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

dragon_green wrote:Hi, Ian

I drive a MkIV 1.3CL. It's got a volkswagen remote central locking / alarm system and the immobiliser. I'm living away from home and the battery has run flat. My brother has taken the battery out of the car to recharge it, but i'm concerned about the alarm and immobiliser systems being set off when we plug the battery back in....

can you tell me whether it will set the alarm or immobiliser off, and is there any way to avoid problems? i'm not really sure what i'm doing with electronics!

many thanks
anthony
Factory alarms should go back to the status they were when they were unpluged just make sure keys are outside car

Ian