Cruise Control

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
andy4976
New

Cruise Control

Post by andy4976 »

Hi

I have been looking for some time now for a steering stalk control, I have a 2002 Lupo GTI and am trying to fit C/C, everywhere I have search are unable to help, I was ewandering if anyone has fitted C/C to there Polo, or can advise on where I will be able to get the stalk and loom,( as it was an optional extra on certain Polo models, so I'm told) I have been told the Polo part number is 6NO 953 514A, but vw state this is not a valid part number, as far as I'm aware no other Lupo owner has carried out this mod, I've been told it;s simply the case of installing loom andx stalk, then having the ECU updated !, as all parts on the Lupo are the same as the Polo GTI.

Can anyone help me and advise on where I could get these parts, or even confirmation they will do the job.

Just recently changed to VW as for years drove Punto GT's so not that clued up on them yet..

cheers
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

Hi,

You could give vagparts a go. they have a forum on here
andy4976
New

Post by andy4976 »

any chance of supplying the website.

cheers mate
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

You may be better off asking in the Polo MkV or GTI section because as you said the lupo is similar to those models. There is a 9n (VI) that has had this carried out but i can't remember the users name so it is worth using the search function.
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

www.vagparts.com

they've got a section at thebottom but it's not being atteneded to much lately so if your desperate e-mail them from the site above of even better give them a call.
andy4976
New

Post by andy4976 »

Thanks mate much appreciated
macemc86
Silver Member

Post by macemc86 »

the sticks are on vag parts website matey!
andy4976
New

Post by andy4976 »

they do have stalks but not the one for that will fit the Polo/Lupo, I have been given a part number of 6NO 953 514A, which is as rare as hens teeth, this part does not seem to be listed on the site, so I've mailed them and will await outcome.

cheers
IansMusical
New

Post by IansMusical »

Hi,

Funnily I had nearly done this on a 1996 Golf TDI and then someone wrote it off in insurance terms! Anyhow, instead of getting the stalk, which was also quite rare here, plentyful in US mind, I decided to make my own using a slide switch and two little push buttons :-)

I can help further with piccies if you need.

Regards,

Ian