Some c*nt hacked my eBay account!!

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

oooh,scary stuff,,be sure they havent made any purchases on your account matey,,,you dont wanna end up buying a lamborghini gollardo or anything daft.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Damn what a pain in the gluteous maximus!
There seems to be an increase in hacked ebay accounts. Double check your bank account... Also if you're considering changing your Id as in just the username keep in mind your old one can be found within a month after the change has been made.

Good luck in sorting it out!
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

samething happened 2 me over Xmas. Hadnt used the account for weeks then got an email telling me that my password had been changed. So i had 2 email ebay 2 tell them i didnt change it & get it sorted.
"any charges you might have incurred have been fully refunded".
yeh they said the same thing to me & got it sorted out really quick.
Done a search on the "hackers" IP address & turns out they were from Thialand :roll:
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

ebays just getting worse & worse... I remember I couldn't do a buy it now option on anything cos always some nigerian prat kept bidding.
Waste!
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

I persoanlly love ebay, sold just about everything on there. From wheels to cars..
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

^ Yeah how? My mate showed me once but it sorta went in one ear and straight out the other
steph722
New

Post by steph722 »

it might be a fake email, I often get them and dont eve have an ebay account! get random messages saying your ebay account has been hacked, you need to click here to reset your pasword, you do that and some sad little man somewhere goes recording everything you just put in and is then able to hack youur account, watch the addresses when you click the links!
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

it might be a fake email, I often get them and dont eve have an ebay account! get random messages saying your ebay account has been hacked, you need to click here to reset your pasword, you do that and some sad little man somewhere goes recording everything you just put in and is then able to hack youur account, watch the addresses when you click the links!
nah i went on2 Ebay & used there "contact us" section
How did you find out the IP address?
well my wee bro did it for me (ill try & fid out how) then used some IP search thingy & hey presto.
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

!update!

when i received the email from ebay asking me to confirm my password change it gave the IP address (219.238.61.4) that had changed my password. So then using http://www.geobytes.com i found out where thay were from.
HTH
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Did they guess your password or something :?: