Anyone remapped their PD100?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Anyone remapped their PD100?

Post by Del_GTi »

As title says, anyone done this?

What sort of gains did you get? How much quicker did it make the car after it was done?

Cheers
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

You will see in the region of 140-145BHP out of a 100pd. I know it looks like a huge gain but remember the stock car (if healthy) will see around 110-115bhp if dyno'd.

North of the border, I would suggest Star performance to you?
damci
Bronze Member

Post by damci »

I've had mine done using the revo map. Not sure on power as I've not had it rolling roaded yet but I think it's running approx 145-150bhp with the 160 intake. It feels much quicker than standard, basically 3rd gear feels like 2nd, 4th gear feels like 3rd etc it's slightly faster than a VRS :wink:
Getting There!

Post by 99 »

I had mine Custom Coded by JBS last week and it's ace (my car's standard apart from a PD160 intake and a Green filter). Yes, it's out and out faster, but it's so much more usable - the car now pulls hard from about 1500 pretty much all the way to 4500. All of which means that the power is there when you need it and you're not trying to hit a tiny powerband in order to drive quickly.

In short: big hike in power, massively more driveable and really smooth. I can't recommend Custom Code highly enough. It's one of those things you get done and you never know how you ever did without it...
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

damci-was yours the yellow car left at revo a coupe of years back?

99-was your car at JBS/cc last Thursday?
damci
Bronze Member

Post by damci »

RichardBW wrote:damci-was yours the yellow car left at revo a coupe of years back?
No mine's silver :)
Getting There!

Post by 99 »

Yes Richard, that was my car at JBS on Thursday. Unfortunately, I wasn't with it at the time (a small operation in hospital kept me away). Luckily my dad is on holiday at the minute, so he took it down, God bless him.

Went to pick up my wheel centres from the powder coaters yesterday - they are an interesting colour, not what I was expecting, but it's going to be different and I think it will work - just waiting for my torque wrench to arrive now...

Picking up some Pagid pads this afternoon and some new discs are in the post as well - it's all starting to come together nicely!

You were at JBS on Thursday then?
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

99...no, not at JBS on Friday.

Damci...no worries wrong car then. Silver is much better than yellow anyway ; )
Rob123
Getting There!

Post by Rob123 »

woah, they must deliberately setup up the ecu like retards at vw, if your all raving so much!! is it just the same engine as the pd130? but map like a poo?
damci
Bronze Member

Post by damci »

Rob123 wrote:woah, they must deliberately setup up the ecu like retards at vw, if your all raving so much!! is it just the same engine as the pd130? but map like a poo?
Same engine smaller turbo
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

actually its a different engine too. Same basic design but small differences all go to making the extra 30bhp with VW relaibility in mind.
From memory the 100 is typically an ATD and the 130 is ASZ.
YOGi
Getting There!

Post by YOGi »

Hey guys, sorry to bring this thread back from the depths but what did you guys find the economy like on the 100 tdi engine after the remap?

Was there a difference in mpg? Was it more thirsty at all, especially on long journeys etc?

Would probably put me off if it turned out to get worse.

Cheers G
Getting There!

Post by 99 »

I've not really seen any difference. I averaged just over 50mpg before and after the map. Most of my driving is to and from work (70 miles a day on single carriageway A-roads) so there's not much at a constant speed. That said, I tend not to hang about. When I've been on longer runs (motorways, at 80ish) I've managed about 52-55mpg after the map.

Even if you're getting more than the above at the minute, I still think the economy's pretty good. I feel fairly sure in saying that once you've had it mapped, you won't understand how you ever managed without it.

YOGi
Getting There!

Post by YOGi »

Ok cheers for that 99.

Well I havn't even got the car yet, but I like to plan ahead! ;)

Thanks for the heads up mate.