Induction..

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
inthoughtwelive
New

Induction..

Post by inthoughtwelive »

I have had a Kn induction for my 9n for nearly a year now, it gives it slightly more kick, mybe 2-3bhp on a good day, nothing to amazing though, and was wondering if any one new of any other induction kits out there that do the job alot better??thanks for any help as usual.
Much Regards. Will
xx_loopy_xx
Silver Member

Post by xx_loopy_xx »

I like my dyantwist... only had it on a few days.... it sounds looooovely...

There is a pic in my sig too! :D

Plus you could always just get some piping an relocate you induction to somewhere where there is more cold air?
inthoughtwelive
New

That does look pretty cool, a bit better looking than the k&n, and yeh i was thinking mybe create a heat reflective housing and some better piping, might help out a little. Thanks for you advise/help..
aleung2
New

Post by aleung2 »

inthoughtwelive wrote:That does look pretty cool, a bit better looking than the k&n, and yeh i was thinking mybe create a heat reflective housing and some better piping, might help out a little. Thanks for you advise/help..
I would like to create a heat shield for my K&N too as its far too close to the engine but how would you do it? What would I have to do to make a heat shield? Would I have to take it to a performance centre and have it fabricated or something?
inthoughtwelive
New

well what i was thinking of doing is, purchessing sum heat reflective metirial,i think pipercross do some, and you can get them in quite a few sizes, only troble is to find somewhere good to secure it. But just to bend it round the filter i supose, leeving room, but what would be ideal is a porpper housing, not quite sure how u'd go about doing this properly though..
aleung2
New

Post by aleung2 »

Cheers, I'll look into it soon because the on the K&N the only thing giving it cold air is the cold air feed and the filter is right on top of the engine. Thanks again.
xx_loopy_xx
Silver Member

Post by xx_loopy_xx »

Mines got a heat shield...!! Its like this metal thing that goes around the filter.

Haven't managed to put it on yet because of space issues! Basically it needs a 90 degree pipe so that the filter will fit under the bonnet with the heat shield, then the piping goes on the end of the heat shield!

At the moment, it only just fits under the bonnet. i'll get more pics once I have that piece of pipe!! :lol:

Eventually i'll bet getting some solid metal piping to relocate the filter somewhere near the front bumper... :wink:
Rob123
Getting There!

Post by Rob123 »

basically the colder the air, the more performance you will get, but i doubt your gonna get much more than a couple of HP, i'd stick with your K+N and get a de-cat and new backbox, re-map, cams etc. if you want POWER. what engine do you have by the way?
xx_loopy_xx
Silver Member

Post by xx_loopy_xx »

Pfffft..... if you just want power.... get an engine conversion!!

But it would be a good idea with what Rob was on about... the whole exhaust...remap etc if you didn't wanna do that right now :lol:

I can recommend some good people for engine conversions!!! 8)
inthoughtwelive
New

Haha thanks guys, a engine coversions a bit out of my leuge at the moment.. but i already have a custom cat-back system, and looking in to a de-cat, although i heard somwhere a de-cat could screw up your lamber sensor? regarding a re-map i havent looked in to it yet, but its defintly in the pipe line, after i change my eibachs for a set of konigsports, and change my horrbile 7x17"s for a set of 8 and 9x16 deep dish spliters, with some nice streched rubber. Basicly i just wanted a litte up in power for lilttle or no-money, while i save up. But thanks again guys!!