SPAM

Post FORUM SPECIFIC questions here: Such as, "HELP, I can't keep logged in for more than one session" etc... Not general help questions such as "my car won't start". You get the idea?
jakethesnake
Silver Member

SPAM

Post by jakethesnake »

Hi

I am getting a serious amount of unwanted E-mail lately. I don't know how these people have got hold of my address. Any ideas ?.

Is is possible for people to obtain your e-mail address from a forum whilst you're logged on ?. I have chosen to hide my address.

I'm thinking of scrapping my current address, can I still log onto the site without an E-mail address ?.

Cheers
Chris.
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

There are numerous reasons why they could have got rid of your e-mail address but one thing never to do is to reply to them with a "i don't want to receive any more e-mails from you" kind of thing, they only send your e-mail address on to more people. And about changing your e-mail address, it's fine to change your address you'll still be able to log on, you can change the e-mail address in your profile to your current one.

Hope that made some kinda sense, kinda tired and brain numb from doing an assignment for college :(
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I'm positive it's not this board that has anything to do with the spam. The address I use for this board is one of the few that does not get spammed.

As a reminder, don't enter your mail address in posts, or conceal it like so:

alex[nospam]@[i'm serious-nospam]lowdub.com

so bots won't know the real address.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Speedlaw wrote:I'm positive it's not this board that has anything to do with the spam. The address I use for this board is one of the few that does not get spammed.

As a reminder, don't enter your mail address in posts, or conceal it like so:

alex[nospam]@[i'm serious-nospam]lowdub.com

so bots won't know the real address.
Now that was really usefull!!!!!!!!!!!!