2005 polo.

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
polo 55
New

2005 polo.

Post by polo 55 »

Hi there,

I am a new member, so hopefully I am asking in the right place.

To cut a very long story short, I have had several issues with my 2005 Polo, which I purchased from new last Sep. Since June, there has been nothing but problems. Its has gone so far, I have had to send emails to the MD of VW UK.

The outstanding issue I have, is that on cold start that hydraulic tappets/lifters seem to be knocking for at least a minute and then after that, its intermittent for a few more minutes. I do not trust the main dealers, especially when I have had so many issues. Damages/scratches to the car, being told the car is 100 % then drive it home and the car is veering to the left. Just a few.

Appartently the hydraulic lifters/tappets were changed on Tues last week and the noise is identical. I have had no paper work from the main dealer on this, but state they have been changed. I have had the service manager round and he thinks that this is normal. The car has only 6k! It was not doing in its first 7 months.

From your experience, would thay be able to change all the hydraulic lifters/tappets and get the car valeted and brought to my home by 1730. All done in one day. It takes an hour to get to my house from the dealer.

Your thoughts and comments would be much appreciated

Polo 55
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Hi mate.

I have moved your post into the right section for your car, where more people will see it and be able to help :wink:

Welcome to uk-polos! :)
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Is it sort of like a ticking noise when the car starts up?
polo 55
New

Post by polo 55 »

Mouse_GTI wrote:Is it sort of like a ticking noise when the car starts up?
Yes, its like a ticking/knocking. It's the lifter. But I can't believe that VW say it's the characteritics of the car. To be honest, I have been messed around so much with several issues.

Could they replace all the lifters in one day and bring it back to me by 1730?
polo 55
New

Post by polo 55 »

Si_GTi wrote:Hi mate.

I have moved your post into the right section for your car, where more people will see it and be able to help :wink:

Welcome to uk-polos! :)
Sorry, where is the right sections? Blond moment!

Cheers
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

Think they are made to veer to the left slightly so if you fall asleep at the wheel you dont drive into oncoming cars on the otherside of the road. Thats what i saw somewhere anyway. :D Welcome as well
knaps
Getting There!

Post by knaps »

I have the exact same issues, VW have "assured me" that the noise is the lifters which is "normal" for the car, also they say that the veering to the left is normal (they said this when I asked for a free wheel alignment) I even went for a drive with a technician who sad “yeah everything is fineâ€
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

I take it you have the 1.2 55PS judging by your user name. All I know is that the FSI engine can produce a ticking noise when normal 95 ron petrol is used in it, something to do with the anti-knocking mechanism. Don't think that's applicable to yours though
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

mc_iver_9n wrote:Think they are made to veer to the left slightly so if you fall asleep at the wheel you dont drive into oncoming cars on the otherside of the road. Thats what i saw somewhere anyway. :D Welcome as well
Thats rubbish, probably said by a dealer to get out of aligning the car. What would happen if you fell asleep in the fast lane of the M1, or if you were driving in Europe?

The car should steer straight and true. If it doesn't, get complaining!
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

I think i saw it on this forum :lol:
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

That person needs shooting! :wink:
polo 55
New

Post by polo 55 »

toXXin wrote:That person needs shooting! :wink:
My actual car is a 1.4 s auto. (auto for the wife! not my choice) I have been messed around so much from VW, its now 4 months. Car going back on Monday for someone esle to hear engine on cold start. They tell me it's the characteristics of the vehicle. They have told me so many feeble excuses it's unreal.
damci
Bronze Member

Post by damci »

polo 55 wrote:I have been messed around so much from VW, its now 4 months. They have told me so many feeble excuses it's unreal.
Hi

Not really useful for you but welcome to VW ownership.