My 1986 Mk2 polo coupe S

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
Deevub
Getting There!

My 1986 Mk2 polo coupe S

Post by Deevub »

Hello all uk-polo peeps, check out my old skool beast! It's an ongoing thing, I'm currently mid engine swap for a lower milage lump. The car will be finished and re-sprayed for Spring 2004, just in time for the begining of the show season, which will be my first time. Anyone know which are the best shows for Polos??? (apart from the "polo show" lol). The link below will take you to the thread. Theres a shed load of pics so if your on dial up, go & make a cuppa! Come on Mk2 guys, we need some representation on this forum! :wink:

http://www.porka.net/modules.php?op=mod ... &tid=12515
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

**Deletes thread due to being linked to Porka** :wink:

Your white Squareback is a lovely example, should be even better with the new engine :D

Can'r wait to see it!
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

oi no forumism! well porka is out of action for the mean time by the looks of it anyway...
Can'r wait to see it!
wot , is that some sort of 'nard speak Wilbury??!
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Deevub wrote:oi no forumism! well porka is out of action for the mean time by the looks of it anyway...
Can'r wait to see it!
wot , is that some sort of 'nard speak Wilbury??!
Ooohhhh argghhh boiyyy!! :lol:
Last edited by Nelson_Wilbury on Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

lol! hello mate, yeah porka is down for the forseeable so I will have to talk a load of drivel on theis forum instead, you lucky, lucky people!
:?
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

Have'nt heard from you on Porka recently Wilbury? U still about?

Getting my respray soon, geezer on the Acton ind. estate. He does a proper good job for reasonable cash. Canee wait!
Bluegirl
New

Post by Bluegirl »

Hello deevub! glad all's well with the polo collection. There is lots of action at the polo hospital these days lots of projects as usual! my two are doing great trying to get some money together to get bluey his well earned new coat!
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Deevub wrote:Have'nt heard from you on Porka recently Wilbury? U still about?

Getting my respray soon, geezer on the Acton ind. estate. He does a proper good job for reasonable cash. Canee wait!
Yeah, still about. Just lurking in the shadows of uk-polos at the moment :wink: I think I got banned from porka, haven't tried logging on since someone another argument started.

GT is almost done (though its still giving me the odd bit of grief!), its complete outside now anyway. You might see it around Sudbury soon. The 9n is same as :)

BTW, That bloke on the Acton INd. Estate, is he the one he used to make the new Reliant Robins a couple of years back?
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

You badboy getting banned! as if!

The guy is S.Bayly, he's not the guy with the Robin Reliants though my mate Nath used to work there making them!

I saw your thead on inters, there will be s**t of Porka-ites there, maybee that guy you were picking fights with!!! Should be interesting...
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

Hey Bluegirl!

Good to hear all is good, Im almost at the point of getting a respray too! got a quote & have worked out what other bits & bobs to do. My rents are off on Holiday in a few days & I'm going to get the engine & Interior out of Cat ready for new lump & silver seats etc. Very exiting!

It's all coming together finaly, fingers crossed...

Will be wicked if bluey gets a new lick of paint, no more streaky door!
Bluegirl
New

Post by Bluegirl »

I know poor bluey! I'm going to make sure I park him right in the middle at the next show so he can show off his new coat and doesn't have to hide :D
Glad its all coming together with yours you got a good deal with the silver one, what happened to the shell in the end? I wouldn't mind a spare tailgate if you want to get rid.
There is a Y reg hatchy at the house now in mars red going to be a donor for Pete's mk1 haven't seen it yet but heard it runs fine and might be some bits to nab!
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

The shell is still standing, this week we will strip it completley. Going to change all the hubs over & lower it 40mm at the same time. Silver one had all new disks & drums put on last year so is worth switching. Will be getting everything of any use so I won't have to get spares in the future!

Still got to sort out the bloomin' sunroof as it leaks like hell!
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Deevub wrote:You badboy getting banned! as if!

The guy is S.Bayly, he's not the guy with the Robin Reliants though my mate Nath used to work there making them!
Can't say i've heard of him! :oops:

Deevub wrote:
I saw your thead on inters, there will be **** of Porka-ites there, maybee that guy you were picking fights with!!! Should be interesting...
Yeah, I'm tearing myself up over it.... :roll:
That reminds me, are you coming to the Southern meet? Doesn't matter which car you come in as long as you bring a Polo :wink:
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

Can't say i've heard of him!
Yeah right, if my mate had'nt of had his car done there I don't think I would either. He does an amazing job tho, 1st class.

Parents go away on Holiday today so I got the garage to myself to finish up with the engine swapage. Is the Southern meet a uk polos thing or what??? Theres about 5 diferent meets being organised at the mo, dificult to keep up!
mk2matt
Silver Member

Post by mk2matt »

well liz if you have some spare money throw it my way, as i need to get some bits for my car.
otherwise she will have to stay where she is until i can afford it.
i dont want to wait for 4months :cry:

oh well, life is never easy :cry: