9n Anti Roll bar knock

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
Buzby
Sponsor

9n Anti Roll bar knock

Post by Buzby »

For a while now I have had a slight knock from the driver side front of my 1.9tdi sport, anyways i jacked it up and found this, would the crack mean anything (highlighted).

:roll:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I've just bumped into this, I take it that you now know that your anti roll bar is becoming u/s. These plastic stops break free and the bar starts to move from side to side hitting the aluminium consoles and making a lot of knocking. Only fix is new style ARB, new bushes and maybe new pipe clamp mountings and fixing bolts. This is not really a diy job as the sub frame needs to be dropped to change the ARB. Stealer might want a couple of hours of labour - all in all not very cheap and not very smart for a "tough little car". I've be there done that, now its the wishbone rear bushes that need attention/money!!
Jamo
Bronze Member

Post by Jamo »

Yeah - I feel your pain... mine has a MASSIVE crack in it compared to that. I have had bumoing and banging from both sides as a result. To top it all off the wishbone bushes are knacked and they need replacing too - result of the two is some seriously damaged inner edges on my front wheels - I am not a happy camper!!

:evil: