fitting cd changer?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Sludgehammer
New

fitting cd changer?

Post by Sludgehammer »

okay bought the car, without a cd or cd changer.. how do i go about fitting one..

i have seen a few on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volkswagen-6-DISC ... dZViewItem

this says there is a plug that it just plugs into in the boot, but i cant seem to find any plug for this.. anyone know where abouts it is..
my stereo i have now does have a button for cd changer on it so i assume i can fit one??
GT/TDI
New

Post by GT/TDI »

Hi,

Have you thought about doing this? This was in my GT as of Sunday its an autochanger

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/ ... /gamma.jpg

I ripped it out and put in a DAB/IPOD ready system, the iPod now lives in the glove box and i can control the iPod from the headunit

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/ ... C00047.jpg

Paul
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Ahh the Blaupunkt Nashville - what a good choice!
Sludgehammer
New

Post by Sludgehammer »

Wanted a changer really that went in the boot, then i still have that slot..
vw stereos do look pretty dull.. its a shame really as i took a alpine cd changer out of my old car, would have been nice to link that up..

where is the cable located for the changer in the boot i cant find one anywhere.. do that mean i dont have one and would have to go with the changer below option.?.. i have the bracket and strap for the changer to sit in..

also if i went with the changer below option is it a git to fit??

this looks nice would this go in?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-RCD-20 ... dZViewItem
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Cable for the changer should be back right or back center in the boot. Some were never fitted with it if they didnt have CD changer factory fitted.

As for that radio, it will fit, but it wont work. The newer polos changed all the connectors and communication to a CAN BUS system after the GAMMA radio. They communicate with the ECU and what not in a completely different way, and are therefore non compatible.
Sludgehammer
New

Post by Sludgehammer »

thats mad.. there is a place for the changer to go, might have to buy a lead if thats possible..
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Yup it is :P If the cradle for the changer is there, the cable will most certainly be there - just pull the carpet back and look for a coiled up cable - might be hidden in the left and right sides of the boot.

It would be odd to have the holder and no cable, but anyhow you can buy the cable from either VAG Parts or your local VW dealership -its a bugger to fit as all the carpet has to come up to hide it properly down in the door seal clips, but it can be done with an hour or two to spare :)
Sludgehammer
New

Post by Sludgehammer »

so i can get one of these boot changers, is there any in particular i want to get, my stereo is a beta stereo..?
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

i fitted my changer into my glove box! great place to have it i think 8) 8)
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Sludgehammer wrote:so i can get one of these boot changers, is there any in particular i want to get, my stereo is a beta stereo..?
I beleive jimbo (shanty_beater) has one up for sale. Drop him a PM should be able to do you a good deal :)