Thought I'd post a pic of the new car I was about to get

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
im333
New

Thought I'd post a pic of the new car I was about to get

Post by im333 »

Hi all,

I asked your help on buying advice before I bought my first VW. Here's a quick pic - no the best angle, etc, but at least I can show you what I got:

It's a 1.4S 75bhp. Not the fastest, but not bad. Ride is good for a small car I must say. I also posted about getting it remote-fobbed as a retro job. Turns out, it has a remote alarm fob as a factory upgrade. The 15" wheels don't look half bad. Can anyone tell me about the colour coded rubbing strips - others I have seen aren't fully coded - I'm happy!

Anyway, I got it from the dealer and the ORANGE EMISSIONS LIGHT seems to be staying on. they serviced it and did a cambelt change before I bought it and thought the cam sensor was the problem.

- They changed this, but the light is still on! Any ideas as to what it could be?
- Also, the left, rear door panel is loose and even if I pry it apart a little to put the top most clip in, it still seems to be loose. Any ideas/pics on how best to take it off and re-seat it once and for all?

im333
Jamo
Bronze Member

Emission Light

Post by Jamo »

Most probable answer is linked to the Lambda sensor on the exaust. Either the sensor is faulty or the wires to it... any dealer worth his salt can access the associated error code in the ECU - not always accurate but the best starting point!

J :wink:
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

Post by LowPoloCo. »

the car looks really nice mate, just goes to show what a difference colour coding can make!

congratulations on that one mate, its really nice!
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

Very Tidy. The colour coded bump strips were also a factory option i think, although they may have come standard on the sport models.
TimGti
Silver Member
Drives: 9n3 1.9 Tdi Sport

Post by TimGti »

mc_iver_9n wrote:Very Tidy. The colour coded bump strips were also a factory option i think, although they may have come standard on the sport models.
Sadly not, mine are'nt colour coded :( :roll:
im333
New

Post by im333 »

TimGti wrote:
mc_iver_9n wrote:Very Tidy. The colour coded bump strips were also a factory option i think, although they may have come standard on the sport models.
Cheer up...your wheels look THE BIZ!
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

TimGti wrote:
Mine either :(

Believe it was a £75 option.
TimGti
Silver Member
Drives: 9n3 1.9 Tdi Sport

Post by TimGti »

dino wrote:
TimGti wrote:
Mine either :(

Believe it was a £75 option.
£75! Cant believe the original buyers would'nt have thought it was worth it! When you spending XXXXX amount on a new car!!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Colour pack - this car could have been a personal import, if you import your car you get the chance to build it up as you want it, not just one of the ones that the dealer had supplied to him by VW UK.
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

It was £80 for the colour pack when I got mine. It was already in stock, but still had to pay the £80 for the option - totally worth it though 8)

If you're getting a new car from a VW dealer, you can specify then what you want on it, and they will order it from....well I presume VW UK(?) and it is then built to order. Think it takes about 12 weeks. That was what I was going to do with mine, but they had a car in stock which had almost everything I wanted, so just had that so it took 2 weeks instead of 12 :D
abdnmoh
Bronze Member

Post by abdnmoh »

My bro bought his polo 2nd hand from a vw dealer - it had absolutely no extras..100% basic except the original owners had it colour coded and now it makes all the difference!! If it only costs £80 more ppl should do it.in fact maybe dealers shouldnt even charge extra for it!! :roll: