Hey Ima New to the Site . (POLO FOR SALE)

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
PoloPower
Getting There!

Hey Ima New to the Site . (POLO FOR SALE)

Post by PoloPower »

Here is my polo it has been my project for the past year and a half at least.. Its asthetically done neally .. Got a Momo snap on kit coming tommorow .. yay cant wait ! Reallly needs more work o n the engine though .. Only got a 1.8Carb on it .. Tis tottaly standard apart from that ..

Its a little bit dirty like but meh the piccys will do till i can give it a big old clean and wax and hover .. stress the hover ! lol .

I love my little polo though .. Tis a head turner for the old and the young .
Last edited by PoloPower on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VII
New

Post by VII »

Welcome to the polo world. very nice polo did you spray your bumpers?
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

welcome to the forum! enjoy ur stay, looks like a very tidy mk3 you got there!
PoloPower
Getting There!

Post by PoloPower »

VII wrote:Welcome to the polo world. very nice polo did you spray your bumpers?
I sprayed them myself yes . I have recently yhad the rear bumper resprayed however .. Finding a garage that will do panels at £40 a piece ...

The front bumper is so hard to spray .. Its the cleaning that was the problem for me .

I need the front bumper respraying to be honest as i diddnt smooth it out enougth resulting in a texture look on the front bumper ...

Rather skint at the min . Just got me a momo steering wheel ..

Cant wait to fit it tonight !
beemer
New

Post by beemer »

Nice Polo matey, looks really tidy, how hard was it spraying the bumper? Did you only decide to get the back sprayed as you wasn't happy with how you done it?

Soz for all the questions, I'd like to colour code my bumpers, but don't want to ruin them/ f**k it up. Anyways, really nice car mate, well done, look forward to seeing the updates.
PoloPower
Getting There!

Post by PoloPower »

Ahhh i would be looking forward to some updates tooo ..

I just got snapped by a whole crew of police speed cameras ... there were like 7-10 of them 5 police cars .. Hiden around a corner with two speed gunns set up ..

Kiss my licence goodbye ..

Gonna have to sell the car i think i cant afford to keep it if im not going to be able to drive ..

Its a shame ...

I wouldnt advise doing your own bumpers .. I made a bit of a cock up on mine ... With the bumpers having a granular texture its real hard unless you have the best equiptment ...

Thats why i had em done profesionally .. well ifya wanna call it that ... £40 per bumper you know the price is good ..

Nice and neat too ..
Last edited by PoloPower on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

:shock: awww no :(
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

PoloPower wrote:I just got snapped by a whole crew of police speed cameras ... there were like 7-10 of them 5 police cars .. Hiden around a corner with two speed gunns set up ..
Oh bugger!
Are they even allowed to do that?! Were you doing much over the limit? If there were 2 then I'd expect one for each direction.
beemer
New

Post by beemer »

Ahh... that's a bugger, wait and see though mate, have you got any points on your license already? How long ago did you pass and much over the limit were you? Anyways, hope you don't lose it mate and cheers for the advice/info, much appreciated.