All I want is a camera :(

A place to discuss Photography and Photoshop, show off your skills and have the odd competition!
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

All I want is a camera :(

Post by Chally_Rai »

Hey guys....

I'm no photographer (although maybe one day ill have a go as I do like the whole idea) but I do want a new camera. I was going to buy one that would have underwatery stuff and that would be good for when i go away to south america but now im thinking ill just get myself a compact and leave the fancy stuff untill ive at least handed my notice in! Thing is I don't understand all the jargon...basically I want one with a fairly large optical zoom, for....zooming.... so like 5+ preferably 7+. (I have played around with my dads so i know how 'far' lol that goes.) And I want it to be small and easily pocketable my last camera was a casio exilim S-20 weighing in at 77g so thats the kind of weight im used to carrying around! but that was 3 years ago, loved it though but now its just not good enough with only 2.1 mega pixels and only digital zoom, besides the fact the flash has gone a bit wierd. I can now really tell the difference (esp in light and colour) between my pics and others!

I have found this http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/casioexv7/ for 180 on ebay

and this (not sure of cost as yet as doesnt seem to be on ebay at all)

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakv610/

but i was just wondering if anyoone else has any ideas before i buy. Basically i want a smallish lightish zoomy camera (so you can take pics of things far away like bands on a stage or a birdy in a tree) also want it to be good in the dark (in clubs, at gigs) but i dont get the jargon so i dont know if these would be good for that. And good for colour...

hmmmm lol! oh and i dont want to spend over 200.

Any advise is appreciated :)
Tetsuo_83
Getting There!

Post by Tetsuo_83 »

Olympus FE-200 if you can get your hands on one.

5x zoom (optical)
6.0megapixels
compact
2.5" screen
li-ion battery (long life rechargeable)
28mm wide angle lens.
2 year warranty.