New - Tinted Windows

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

New - Tinted Windows

Post by LowPoloCo. »

Hey Guys,

My mates got me window tints for my 18th, this is how they look.

any thoughts? still looking for that 40mm drop.

Thanks

Ell
panda
Silver Member

Post by panda »

they look very...... illegal? :roll:
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

Post by LowPoloCo. »

No Comment
RichieLee
New

Post by RichieLee »

I quite like them mate, makes your polo look very stealth. Although expect to get pulled over a lot.
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

Post by LowPoloCo. »

do you rekon painting the alloys black would be chav?

i quite like the contrast of silver? but i have to get them refurbed, so i may aswell get a new colour.

thanks
ell
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Despite being illegal they look good.

With a little lowerage and removing the POLO from the from badge it will look awesome.
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

I like the wheels silver like they already are personally

i agree removing the polo badge from the front, and going a little lower will look very nice indeed

loving the tints too, they suit it well
RichieLee
New

Post by RichieLee »

I'm not sure about painting the wheels black aswell man. I mean the tints look pretty good and I think the rear lights are a bit sketchy being so black (dont you get pulled over for those either!? :shock: ) I would refurb the wheels and polish them up or if you are going to spray them leave a polished lip? It's up to you in all fairness it's your car at the end of the day. You're going to end up with something super stealthy or a bit chavvy. Firstly since your polo is on 17s I'm guessing? I'd get it lowered :p But beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. It's your car the important thing is that you like it the most.

I'm trying to get a set of porsche teledial alloys for my polo! Dont really care of anyone else likes them I do :)
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

all black will look way too tacky IMO, just save up for some springs
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

Look Good! and yes, also don't like the polo on the badge.
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

Post by LowPoloCo. »

Haha, ok, consider the POLO on the front gone, the majority vote has won, i started not to like it myself a little while back, and just havent got round to dealing with it.

Ive never had any problems with the rear lights, when I blew my tyre and the police pulled up to check on me, i asked them if they were ok, and they said yes, and also that they looked good! :lol: haha

yeh, im waiting on the tints, there are a lot of people around my area with mediums and darker on the front, and havent been stopped. The law came in, in 2004 according to the Shop that did the tints, so i'll just say they were done before then, because its an 03 plate. Plus, the rear 3 are limo black, so theres a fair bit of contrast with the fronts, making the fronts look a LOT lighter than they are.

im still on the search for springs to be honest, i missed a couple of good second hand deals on here. is it roughly about £120 for fitting a set of 4?

thanks

Ell
RichieLee
New

Post by RichieLee »

I'd only go for springs if you're really on a budget. I've heard that by using lowering springs although the ride height comes down, the standard factory dampers are not designed to be so low therefore the dampers end up failing prematurely. I'm saving up for a springs and shock kit because:

a) I cant afford coilovers
b) I dont need the height adjustment as it's a daily driver used to carry a lotta stuff I cant afford to go super low.
c) I dont think they're worth the difference in price.
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

Post by LowPoloCo. »

Fair enough mate, you make a good point.

however, i AM on a budget, a strict one at that :x

cheers though, all opinions are useful man

ell
speedsix
Bronze Member

Post by speedsix »

Yeah im liking the tints there, look pretty good. Im pretty sure you've got medium smoke on the fronts though so just watch out for the cops.
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

Post by LowPoloCo. »

cheers man, yeah, you'd be right :roll: Mediums on the front Limo on rear 3.

i was a bit sceptical about limo on all rear 3, because i didnt want it looking like a van, but i was pleasantly surprised.

thanks

ell