1.8T or TT!?!??!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
tomo87
Platinum Member

1.8T or TT!?!??!

Post by tomo87 »

had this thread on other forums....

realy realy realy cant decide on what to do!

moneywise it will be similar costs to upragrade to a TT as it would to drop in a 1.8T lump into my polo. pros are that i will have a 1.8T polo mk5 (are there anymore in the uk?) and it will be so much fun plus ive already put so much money into the polo and it has everything i want! cons are that it will still be just a polo and i will lose out on so much money

the TT is soooo refined and the interiors are so nice especially as i would be getting a 225bhp with either cream or red leather in a black car....quattro and a bam engine with revo will see 265bhp....

just wondering what people honestly think

thanks
Bryony84
Sponsor

Post by Bryony84 »

I would say the only real advantage of the TT would be the quattro.

Either way you are going to lose money as you've modded the Polo a lot. Also is is going to cost 5 grand to drop the 1.8T into the Polo, because Simon was looking at TT's and decent ones were all up around the 10 grand+ mark.
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

with my garage i can get the lump in and tuned to about 250 horses for around the £5k...

ye there are plenty of nice TT's around for £10k...was looking at a nice 61k,225bhp black one with cream leather the other day for that price!!

grrrhhh i hate decisions like this
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

Not easy! Start a poll?

I like the TT alot. But it's very common and driven by too many estate agents.

I like the idea of the 1.8T in the polo, and seeing that you spent so much blood and tears already, it would seem a waste to let it go. A new engine might be just what it needs. Who knows, you might even keep the polo for another 10 years. Keep it under cover as your pride and joy. and use another car as a daily.
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

thats one of the main reasons for the want of the TT....im only just coming up 21 and unless i get this new job at bmw and get a company car the Polo would need to still be used as a daily :?
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

I honestly think you should drop the 1.8T into your Polo! Would be very cool...and that's what your cars begging for at the moment I think!

:)
Luke'sGti
Silver Member

Post by Luke'sGti »

It depends on how much you like the TT. Being honest the TT is a lovely car one of my mates had one for 3 years, but had a lot of electrical issues with it though with the "pod" (dashboard) - alarm going off, stuff not working on it - so that's the only thing that would put me off.
As you say you'll never re-gain the money on the polo if you stick a 1.8T in it - but if you like the Polo and intend on keeping it for a while, then go for it.
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

i thought they did a recall on the dashpod thing? hmm a couple of my friends have them too and they realy are a package imo...heated leathers, sexy dash, sleek lines, quattro and 225bhp!
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

you are so gay
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

haha shut up! you know what im like....plus the AA rang me this morning and told me something that makes the decision swing more towards the TT
one_must_fall
Bronze Member

Post by one_must_fall »

how do you sleep at night with such a hard decision to make?

get a loan and do both?
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

this is the thing i struggle haha

if i could afford both at the age of 20 then believe me i would but i have to come to a decion!
Luke'sGti
Silver Member

Post by Luke'sGti »

they did do a recall (after being shown on watchdog) but it wasnt on all of them I dont think (dont quote me on that though), the main reason I know is my mate had an x reg and had to fork out £900 for a new pod. Maybe this was done before the recall though?
Is it a coupe or convertible hairdressers car that your looking at? :wink:
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

coupe all the way....19" LM's, smooth the boot then start working towards a gt28 for 300+horses!
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

no contest IMO.

Get the TT.

Doing an engine conversion is such a waste of money that you'll never see again.